Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
He does get around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times
And I've been going to that mall for 35 out of 40 years of my life---never heard of anyone being taken advantage of in that mall. And certainly have never heard of "joe."

Old 10-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Joe is the opposite of Jody.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
What is going on with Fayetteville's crime? It seems to be worse over the last 2 years. I lived in Fayetteville/Springlake/Ft Bragg and Sanford for 10 years and just moved about a year ago to Raleigh. It is getting back down there. I only go once in awhile but only on base. But my friends down there say everything is getting robbed like Waffle House and military is involved in crime whether participating or the victim.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:42 PM

If it is getting worse it is due to the economic situation in the country. I have not noticed it to be much worse. It has always been higher than many places in the state. We have a high rate of poverty and lack of low skilled jobs.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:30 PM

123 posts, read 219,401 times
The ville is not some terrible run down ghetto I personally find it to be a very charming small town. There are ghettos, but that is not the city in its entirity. If your a high class preppy chick however it may dissapoint you. There are no high end boutiques, resturants, or even nighborhoods that I know of. Its a very working class blue collar/country kinda place.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 13,021 times
We have been living in Fayetteville for a year and a half and I am SERIOUSLY depressed. I have gained weight and I don't go out of my house. There is NOTHING here. No where to shop except wal-mart and target. We are leaving hopefully in January and I have a count down. Depending on the situation we might be able to leave sooner. I am praying! We moved here from NY and I can't express how bad it is. There is crime everywhere. It's VERY VERY VERY dirty! No zoning like in the north, which really bothers me. My neighborhood attracts crime because we live across the street from a a low income neighborhood! Please, don't MOVE here!!! I am warning you. The schools are horrible and I am a teacher here.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times
Jenny, if you'll read the Friday Fayetteville Observer, you'll find PLENTY to do IN Fayetteville and the surrounding area. There's stuff going on in town (family friendly, too!) all the time, if you'll just bother to seek it out. The fun ain't coming to you on it's own.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,405 times
Default Yeah, it's bad

I am really trying hard to think of positive things to say about Fayetteville, but the fact is after living all around the world, and coming here ten years ago, it's difficult. I came here not by choice, but out of necessity...long story...but okay, one thing I do like is when you go out to eat (national pasttime for this city) the servers say things like, thank you sugar, thank you baby, thank you honey. I like that southern charm you run into occasionally. And the weather is pretty nice, maybe the best feature.
I was assaulted 8 years ago and have never felt safe since. I have never lived anywhere that I thought was as bad as this area. My family has been afflicted by crime on several occasions. I agree with others about keeping a close eye on your daughters, high teen pregnancy rate here. WIC, EBT, any type of welfare is common, I have never seen lazier kids than here, it's too easy to get handouts and jobs pay less, so why should they work?
The cities government officials are to blame, nothing ever changes. The only hope that Fayetteville has is HOPE MILLS. Finally you see some promise of some fun things to do...theater, putt putt, go karts, but still NOT ONE water facility in Fayetteville for the public. Maybe Hope Mills will fix that too. I say shame on the Mayor of Fayetteville for allowing a town of fine soldiers and their families to live in such a dump. Unless all you really want to do is eat EAT EAT, or sit on your front porch and watch the traffic go by, DON'T move here; there is NOTHING to do here and after about 1 year or 2, you like most of us in Fayetteville will be bored, depressed and think mostly about how/when you get out of here.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,240,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyPrez2081 View Post
We have been living in Fayetteville for a year and a half and I am SERIOUSLY depressed. I have gained weight and I don't go out of my house. There is NOTHING here. No where to shop except wal-mart and target. We are leaving hopefully in January and I have a count down. Depending on the situation we might be able to leave sooner. I am praying! We moved here from NY and I can't express how bad it is. There is crime everywhere. It's VERY VERY VERY dirty! No zoning like in the north, which really bothers me. My neighborhood attracts crime because we live across the street from a a low income neighborhood! Please, don't MOVE here!!! I am warning you. The schools are horrible and I am a teacher here.
Are you sure you aren't referring to New Bern?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina