Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 12:40 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,443,458 times

Advertisements

1616 Camden

Old 04-23-2015, 12:43 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,162,832 times
City annexation. Charlotte's annexed out pretty much as far as it can go. Hence it's starting falling behind already in 2014. Raleigh #2 in the nation 2014, "real growth", from people moving in.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg4...2-raleigh-n-c/

Old 04-23-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
I'm not referring to city propers. I'm referring to metro areas. It isn't a wash. Charlotte is considerably more populated.

Essentially a wash is not a wash. Charlotte leads again. And while Charlotte's banks may be susceptible to a financial crisis, Raleigh is not as prone to boom during a boom period.

And who were you before CLTsmackdown?

You really strike me as a person that got turned down for a job in Charlotte... or had a girlfriend run off with a successful man who lived in Charlotte or something. It is almost comical at how you can't see Charlotte for what it is... a thriving city in the Sun Belt that leads the region between Washington and Atlanta.
15 Reasons Why Charlotte Is The Weirdest

Somebody has to blow up the Charlatan Echo Chamber, might as well be me

Old 04-23-2015, 12:49 PM

370 posts, read 544,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
15 Reasons Why Charlotte Is The Weirdest

Somebody has to blow up the Charlatan Echo Chamber, might as well be me
It's sad that you are too obtuse to realize this is satire. Feel free to keep on posting it. You are a very poor representative of your city. It makes you (and Raleigh by association) look like a child.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
I'm not referring to city propers. I'm referring to metro areas. It isn't a wash. Charlotte is considerably more populated.

Essentially a wash is not a wash. Charlotte leads again. And while Charlotte's banks may be susceptible to a financial crisis, Raleigh is not as prone to boom during a boom period.

And who were you before CLTsmackdown?

You really strike me as a person that got turned down for a job in Charlotte... or had a girlfriend run off with a successful man who lived in Charlotte or something. It is almost comical at how you can't see Charlotte for what it is... a thriving city in the Sun Belt that leads the region between Washington and Atlanta.
"I'm not referring to city propers. I'm referring to metro areas. It isn't a wash. Charlotte is considerably more populated."

Boy this is like whack-a-folk with these myths from you Charlatan hypers

Charlotte's MSA is wider circle and takes in 7 counties to Raleigh's 3. Let's compare apples to apples:

Raleigh/Triangle CSA, 9 counties, 2,037,430, 6.52% growth rate
Charlotte/Metrolina CSA, 10 counties, 2,493,040, 4.94% growth rate

Combined Statistical Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Raleigh/Triangle is growing at a faster clip than Charlotte/Metrolina, and the Triangle economy is steady and more recession proof. It's just a matter of time before Metrolina is the 2nd largest metro in the Carolinas. There's no shame in that In meantime Raleigh will continue to best Charlotte in nearly every measurable national ranking No shame in that either, just the difference in the two metros

Old 04-23-2015, 12:57 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,284,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
It's sad that you are too obtuse to realize this is satire. Feel free to keep on posting it. You are a very poor representative of your city. It makes you (and Raleigh by association) look like a child.
In the great words the old wise one Barney Fife "He's a Nut".....referring to Earnest T. Bass.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
Why? Because of instead of opinions I post facts with actual links to support? The name of the thread is "Charlotte V Raleigh", a lot of people may come here looking for unbiased stats, apples to apples comparisons, supportive links, national rankings, etc….to back claims made….not fudged numbers and opinions….if they may be thinking about relocating to one of the two areas in order to make an informed decision. In that regard all this Charlatan hype is doing them a bit of a disservice, don't you think??

Last edited by Raleigh540; 04-23-2015 at 01:10 PM..

Old 04-23-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
In the great words the old wise one Barney Fife "He's a Nut".....referring to Earnest T. Bass.
Another Charlatan who's got nothin' ? lol

Old 04-23-2015, 01:07 PM

370 posts, read 544,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
Why? Because of opinions I post facts with actually links to support?
Look man, you have zero credibility. You come across like a complete lunatic and then expect people to take you seriously. Doesn't work that way. You ignore other posters logical and clearly well defined points (your lack of understanding on how the census determines CSA's and MSA's is hilariously sad, dismissing cases where someone counters you with empirical data, ect). And for what it's worth, no...I wan't go back through this mess and cite them, I imagine you are fully aware already.

If you want to engage people (online, or in life for that matter) you aren't going to get anywhere acting like a clown. You are an unbelievably poor booster of Raleigh (a city I find fantastic, I might add) and don't get me started on how horrific your grammar and spelling are. It's no wonder you've got the time to post 200+ times in 4 days.

You want to talk about Raleigh, we are ALL EARS. Raleigh has a lot of awesome qualities. Just don't expect to get treated with respect when you don't warrant it.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,443,458 times
The 33 story Ascent location is center and 300 South Tryon on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina