Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:09 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,164,061 times

Advertisements

Last edited by Raleigh540; 05-05-2015 at 11:34 AM..

Old 05-05-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Can you hear the Charlatans….especially the guy who's only been to NC once in his life….grinding the enamel off their teeth over this?

Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,447,881 times
Nice looking hotel.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
Yet Raleigh still blows Charlotte out of the water in just about any national ranking you can point to of what people really want in a city. Funny, dat
You keep believing that, and with $2.00 you can get a cup of coffee.
You can not find any date from the US Government to support your claim.

Last edited by CLT1985; 05-05-2015 at 11:56 AM..

Old 05-05-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
As I thought, you obviously haven't visited or lived any other places..... So Raleigh and Triangle should be a mecca to you being only familiar with such a small world, fair enough. Lol, the Smithsonian of the south.

Yes, Charlotte's uptown is more energetic and vibrant than Raleigh's downtown.
You really sound bitter. Why don't you leave….oh, I guess the pays too good in the Raleigh area. In the meantime chew on this:
Southern Cities : Hidden Treasures - At Home Memphis & Mid South

And this:
15 Reasons Why Charlotte Is The Weirdest
(pay particular attention to the uptown comments. Maybe you should get out more)

Consider yourself schooled

Last edited by Raleigh540; 05-05-2015 at 11:31 AM..

Old 05-05-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
Can you hear the Charlatans….especially the guy who's only been to NC once in his life….grinding the enamel off their teeth over this?

I think you are making a bigger thing about Dix property, and that the people in Charlotte could care less.
We are dealing with our own park system and development in center city.

Great that Raleigh got the Dix property. I don't think Charlotte wanted it.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
I think you are making a bigger thing about Dix property, and that the people in Charlotte could care less.
We are dealing with our own park system and development in center city.

Great that Raleigh got the Dix property. I don't think Charlotte wanted it.
Seems that way to me too.
Best & worst cities for convenient public parks, and why it matters | Kaid Benfield's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC

Old 05-05-2015, 11:35 AM

Planned Light Rail Systems

Only 3 cities are funded and 20 Partially Funded and all others are unfunded.
Planned Light Rail Systems « The Transport Politicr

Old 05-05-2015, 11:37 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,973,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Perhaps the fact that I've been to North Carolina once in my life gives me an outside perspective and I can see past your hometown shades. It really doesn't matter what overall metric you use, Charlotte is the more important city of the two. Perhaps you prefer Raleigh. Fantastic. Lots of people do. Although more people seem to prefer Charlotte.
I'm not sure weighing in on a place you've barely seen any of puts you in any better position than someone who can't get past their hometown shades. I've seen what Virginians think of North Carolina cities and I can't say they're the most objective group of people. I certainly wouldn't feel qualified to judge whether Tulsa or Oklahoma City is better based on my one trip to Oklahoma in my life...

Similarly, I visited Dallas a few times as a kid and Austin and San Antonio once as an adult. I recall having a blast in Austin and being bored to tears in Dallas, but for all I know it could be a very different place now. It's been a long time, and plus I was a kid. The things I could do for fun back then were more limited anyway.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
You post a bunch of arbitrary lists and assume that is what people want. The fact is, Charlotte appears in many of those types of lists as well... often above Raleigh.

Just get over it that Charlotte is the premier city in the state. The sooner you come to grips with it, the sooner you will be able to enjoy the things that Raleigh offers without being bitter towards Charlotte.

And though I am not from Tulsa, I should point out that the Tulsa MSA of ~900,000 is probably a better comparison to Raleigh's 1.2-1.3 million than Charlotte's 2 million+

And don't bother posting anything about comparing different types of fruit. We know you need to combine other metropolitan areas with Raleigh to make yourself feel better. We don't know why, but we know.
Charlotte appeared in very few of those rankings, in the few they did did appear they were behind Raleigh, shall I repost that entire page of rankings again for you to click through and see for yourself?

I've read about tuna tar tar, been to opinion blogs about it, never had it though, I'm an expert on tuna tar tar! lol ! you're funny

Actually Tulsa is more of a bible town, more like Charlotte than Raleigh I'm afraid. Raleigh doesn't have a lot of mega churches, televangelist museums or major streets name after televangelists nor is Raleigh listed as a top "bible city".

Lots of states have more than one "premier city" as you put it. There's Dallas and Houston, there's LA and SF in California.

Of course had you been to NC more than ONCE IN YOUR LIFE you might know these things

Is it really that dull where you are you have to troll a city site in a state you've only been to once in your whole life? Wow, poor thing.

Last edited by Raleigh540; 05-05-2015 at 11:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina