Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times

Advertisements

I am disgusted with his performance; I don't even know where to start.

I am sooooo sick and tired of some Republicans. ALWAYS holding up progress and ALWAYS making issues out of God, Boobs, Beer, guns and bibles. Always hypocritical.... They are NEVER satisfied until everyone thinks like them.

I said some. Not most. But "some" is still more than a few and it's getting old really fast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recip View Post
I had low expectations in the first place, so things are going about how I thought they would.
Agreed. He's acting a little faster on the dumb stuff than I initially thought he would. The smart play would be to parcel out these things to keep outrage to a minimum. I figured he'd likely get a second term but at the rate he's going that's starting to look questionable.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
I didn't vote for Pat either, but I give them several months to a year to judge progress, if any. I think Dalton knew he didn't stand a chance because he was associated with Perdue and his campaign effort seemed to reflect that.
My issue with McCrory started with his campaign; like the ads Romney ran in this state, they were so unbelievably insulting to my intelligence it were as if they were trying to see how dumb of an ad they could get away with.
McCrory tackling the non-issues gives him the appearance of taking action right out of the box. The local news has been burning up air with the "six thousand state employees who don't have email addresses" story. In painting a favorable light for McCrory it was reported on how the Health & Human Resources Dept ignored certain requests from the governor(?) possibly costing the state millions of dollars. However, the state auditor is the one performing the investigation and this office is an elected position.
As long as McCrory can paint himself as a man of action and the state's economy improves, which it will with or without his influence, he will get away with whatever he wants.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,307,802 times
I thought too McCrory would act as a moderate. He suffered from foot-in-mouth disease as mayor but overall I think he did a good job. This is why I voted for him this go round because I was disappointed with Perdue. But so far his non-action on the real issues is bothering me and his digs on the city of Charlotte and liberal arts education had gravely disappointed me.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
A dear friend of mine voted for McCrory because she was/is convinced that
he would look out for Charlotte! When pressed she could not explain what
the "look out" part would be, guess now she has her answer.

I did have hope that he would be more of moderate, guess he has to pay back
campaign money .

Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
The man has been in office for only four weeks as of today. I'm not sure what anyone can do to solve all of the state's problems in four weeks. I'll make no judgment on the governor's leadership until 2016.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 PM

75 posts, read 167,431 times
I'm starting to regret supporting McCrory last year. I guess I was enraptured by his charisma (which Dalton lacked) and his appearance of being a moderate. This guy doesn't seem like Mayor Pat anymore. Deeply disappointed with the things he's said and done so far.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,307,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
The man has been in office for only four weeks as of today. I'm not sure what anyone can do to solve all of the state's problems in four weeks. I'll make no judgment on the governor's leadership until 2016.
I totally agree with what you're saying. I think what I'm saying, and perhaps others, is that what we thought we would get is totally not the case. Furthermore, if it's only been four weeks and these little things have happened, what else could he do?

Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suqraat View Post
I'm starting to regret supporting McCrory last year. I guess I was enraptured by his charisma (which Dalton lacked) and his appearance of being a moderate. This guy doesn't seem like Mayor Pat anymore. Deeply disappointed with the things he's said and done so far.
In a way he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Republicans have veto-proof majorities in both chambers of the GA, so even if he governed as a moderate in the Jim Martin mold (whose hand was also forced by legislature, though in the opposite direction), they could override him and he'd still get a lot of the blame as a weak executive, similar to what happened to Perdue.

His only other option is to assert his conservative bona fides by taking positions that run counter to his campaign style (though not his actual promises) more in line with the ideological tilt of the Republicans in legislature, and hope enough people either aren't paying attention or aren't angered by it. And we can see how that's working out so far.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:34 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
I thought he was going to be more moderate than the rest of his party. Sadly going "central" is still too far right. I do have to commend Art Pope (eek) for not being on board with the dropping of the income tax/increasing sales tax. Even though I think there is some other end game he is trying to reach, that I am not thinking of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina