Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:47 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich6896 View Post
You vote for him because he was a local guy for you? You certainly don't sound like a gop voter:

"I never doubted that Obama would win.

The GOP is out of touch. And as long as the tea party is a viable "wing" of the pubs they will continue to suffer serious image problems. Between their political roadblocks (I blame the pubs for being so intractable with budgets last year that our credit rating was downgraded), disregard for science, reckless attitude about education, demonization of everything "social", and scorn for *any* policy of democrats they haven't gone a full week in the last two years without putting their foot in their collective mouths.

Seriously, what American would sooner see all of America fail rather than see an ounce of achievement from Obama? If you answered "the entire Republican Party" you start to see the problem.

Whether making horrible comments about rape or legislating morality or making up lies to discredit their "opponents" the bottom line is that the GOP is the real problem with America. Romney never stood a chance frankly. Seriously... if the GOP couldn't field a candidate suitable to beat Obama, what are they gonna do? Obama presided over one of the softest economies most Americans have experienced, and they roundly think GOP policies are to blame.

And I hope that the pres doesn't "play ball" with the pubs on top of the fiscal cliff. All those tax cuts should expire, and if the GOP won't settle for middle class cuts ONLY, then the GOP should should be blamed for the loss of ALL tax cuts. The Grand Old Party is showing its age. "
What a great quote! Not sure what it has to do with the topic, but it is music to my eyes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,925,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
What a great quote! Not sure what it has to do with the topic, but it is music to my eyes!
You said you were a McCrory voter, and I was looking at you previous post and was trying to figure out why someone with those views would vote for a republican governor.

I was expecting you to say something like..."he's for light rail and so am I" or something like that.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times
Quote:
You said you were a McCrory voter, and I was looking at you previous post and was trying to figure out why someone with those views would vote for a republican governor.

I was expecting you to say something like..."he's for light rail and so am I" or something like that.
Pat was a moderate mayor and worked well across party lines.

I've never voted a straight ticket. The idea that ONLY dems or ONLY republicans have "the solution" is absurd to me, though I'm will be more wary of pubs than ever the next few cycles.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:16 PM

4 posts, read 6,447 times
DHHS hires McCrory donor for $95,000 senior position | Local/State | NewsObserver.com

Is there even a need to hide what is happening anymore?

Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegaloperation View Post
"... even as their agencies' full-time payrolls and average salaries have declined"

Read more here: pay

Old 09-19-2013, 04:17 PM

4 posts, read 6,447 times
Quote:
"... even as their agencies' full-time payrolls and average salaries have declined"

Read more here: pay
That's because of outsourcing to private contractors which the state is paying at hourly rates.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegaloperation View Post
That's because of outsourcing to private contractors which the state is paying at hourly rates.
Really? McCrory is outsourcing his staff? Source? Even is he is, is he spending less money on his staff than Bev? Yes or NO

Old 09-20-2013, 04:17 PM

90 posts, read 119,004 times
Quote:
Really? McCrory is outsourcing his staff? Source? Even is he is, is he spending less money on his staff than Bev? Yes or NO
Mccrory is a crook who is lavishing huge amounts of my money on his buddies and contributors. Attempting to justify his unethical behavior is silly. Your argument seems to be that since he is fleecing us for hundreds of thousands, well hey, at least it isn't millions...yet.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:24 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
There is more to a state budget than merely the GOVERNOR'S staff. In general, more and more state employees are being replaced with private contractors throughout state govt.--they are trying to move the whole of Medicaid to private managed-care companies.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 AM

90 posts, read 119,004 times
http://http://www.newsobserver.com/2...te-health.html

Drip, drip, drip. 37k for a month's work at DHHS. Not bad, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina