Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
you really believe this?

And of course none of them know anything about fiscal matters?

And what is the #1 problem, the common denominator in all these things?

It's not a trick question... it shows itself in every discussion touching on economics or politics
or even philosophy and the RIGHT is responsible for AT LEAST HALF of it.

If you're ever inclined to look for solutions... they won't come cheap but they're out there.
So tell me, what are your solutions to the common denominator - legalizing gay marriage?

Old 04-07-2014, 03:20 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Chicken Little much?
Gay marriage is not going to save us from bankruptcy, China or Russia. If it did, I would vote for it
and donate to it.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:08 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Overturned or not, you better start supporting gay marriage 100% or you will end up like the CEO of Mozilla. Deviation from Progressive groupthink is not tolerated.
Considering that other software companies have done more egregious things than hire a homophobic CEO, I kinda think that OK Cupid's social justice crusade against Brandon Eich was more about the money on their part than anything to do with civil rights. It gave them some publicity and 30% more people joined the site, plus considering how many people run Firefox end up using adblock relative to other browsers, if they can bring Firefox down a notch it'll give them more ad revenue.

All in all I think capitalism is more to blame than anything here.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
On a related note, posted today in the Salisbury Post newspaper
After contest win, Salisbury women look forward to ‘illegal’ wedding trip. Tamara Sheffield and Maryja Mee will be flown to New York and have Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac at their wedding.

Congrats to them. If anyone want to read the article its here After contest win, Salisbury women look forward to ‘illegal’ wedding trip | Salisbury Post

Old 04-08-2014, 08:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Overturned or not, you better start supporting gay marriage 100% or you will end up like the CEO of Mozilla. Deviation from Progressive groupthink is not tolerated.
The trend I see is gay rights groups becoming the very zealots they campaign against. I'm not opposed to gay marriage, but if another person is that is their business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Gay marriage is not going to save us from bankruptcy, China or Russia. If it did, I would vote for it
and donate to it.
Politicians tackle social issues to give us minions the appearance action is being taken all the while deflecting from the real issues such as those you mentioned.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The trend I see is gay rights groups becoming the very zealots they campaign against. I'm not opposed to gay marriage, but if another person is that is their business.

Politicians tackle social issues to give us minions the appearance action is being taken all the while deflecting from the real issues such as those you mentioned.

Well, that's the problem. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

It matters that laws are enacted based on people's personal beliefs.

I doubt any gay person gives a damn what others THINK of gay marriage. They care that they are not being afforded equal rights under the law. Period.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:43 PM

239 posts, read 413,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Yes, I hate it and I completely agree.
Your home place does exist: you already know it.(your status can be changed.)

Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 PM

The ACLU will unveil its legal efforts for NC at 2pm Wednesday at the Civil Rights Center in Greensboro.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:14 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Your ignorance is showing. Are you aware that it was not gay groups who led the hubbub against Eich, but other companies? No, I didn't think so.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The ACLU will unveil its legal efforts for NC at 2pm Wednesday at the Civil Rights Center in Greensboro.

Synopsis of todays meeting of the ACLU:

Quote:
Today we filed a new case in federal court on behalf of three married, same-sex couples in North Carolina seeking state recognition of their marriages. Because of the serious medical condition of one member of each couple, they are asking the court to take swift action.

We're also seeking immediate relief on behalf of one of the couples in the existing Fisher-Borne et al. v. Smith case who have a young child who is being denied critical medical care because North Carolina neither recognizes his mothers’ marriage nor allows both mothers to adopt their child and establish a legal relationship.
The urgency is to have all states join the 21st Century, dragged kicking and screaming out of Jesusland circa 1700.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-09-2014 at 03:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina