Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,532,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Sure, it was political chicanery. Making laws and sausages and all that...
But, it isn't like it was the ACA and 1000+ pages that needed to be passed to see what was in it. The bill is 5 pages long, and not very confusing.
Ambush or not, they knew it was coming. A "No" vote and publicizing the ambush would have been appropriate.

They are there to record their vote, IMO, and that is part of the job. Too many Democrats, or their leadership, were just afraid to take a principled stand and risk voter backlash.
I consider walking out a principled stand, just as a vote would have been; I think it's an even stronger statement. Their constituents know exactly what they did, even if there's no vote recorded for each individual senator who walked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
I consider walking out a principled stand, just as a vote would have been; I think it's an even stronger statement. Their constituents know exactly what they did, even if there's no vote recorded for each individual senator who walked.
Disagree on the principle. It is too open to interpretation.
At re-election time, their opponents can bellow that they did not vote against it, or did not vote for it, whichever they care to milk.
And, the incumbent can claim they did not vote for it or did not vote against it, depending on how their district is leaning and how they need to spin their irresponsibility to appeal to the most voters.
That is why they get to vote, to build their record and to remove that doubt.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:04 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,532,029 times
You have no idea if any of them will actually try to waffle... purely hypothetical. Anyone with half a brain would see through that. Let's wait and see if any of them do before indicting them for that reason.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:18 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Roy Cooper won't defend transgender law in court, says it's unconstitutional

Old 03-29-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
You have no idea if any of them will actually try to waffle... purely hypothetical. Anyone with half a brain would see through that. Let's wait and see if any of them do before indicting them for that reason.
"...half a brain..."
LOL We don't really categorize voters, but according to many Democrats that would be most Republicans, and vice versa.

Nope, I indict now. My representatives should do their jobs and someone owes me a vote.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:28 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"...half a brain..."
LOL We don't really categorize voters, but according to many Democrats that would be most Republicans, and vice versa.

Nope, I indict now. My representatives should do their jobs and someone owes me a vote.
I think that it's fair to assume that we are probably at the "agree to disagree" stage on this particular part of the issue. I am perfectly happy with the decision to walk. We each process it the way that we will.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I think that it's fair to assume that we are probably at the "agree to disagree" stage on this particular part of the issue. I am perfectly happy with the decision to walk. We each process it the way that we will.
I'm walking on "Agree to Disagree."
You can leave that open to interpretation next election cycle.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 PM

294 posts, read 233,148 times
As owner of a case goods line that shows at the Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas and High Point shows we are currently contacting our better customers that we see only at the High Point show and asking if we did not attend would they consider going to one of the other shows or we will come to them. To sweeten the pot we will give them a 20% discount for doing so. So far the response has been very supportive. Yes we are a small business. But for those who say no businesses are leaving all I can say is.......... Adios!!

Old 03-29-2016, 02:09 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Here's how it is for every male I've talked to regarding this crap and I agree. If transgender (mind you in my mind I don't care what surgery has been performed if the man was born a male it is a man.) men are allowed into the female restroom I will stand out front when my wife or daughter go inside to use the facility. If a transgender man attempts to enter I will politely ask him to wait until I leave. If he refuses and tries to enter anyway I will hit him in the face with a board. Yes, a board. I don't care about any repercussions from the law nor will I care what anyone from the LGBT crowd has to say.

My thought on this matter has absolutely nothing to do with a transgender person but a sicko posing as one. There is absolutely no way anyone can say which "transgender" person has the "right" to use the bathroom and which one doesn't. If this nonsense is allowed to continue there will be perverts who decide for the day they are a female and will try to use the woman's restroom Nope, not happening when I am there.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:25 PM

530 posts, read 637,891 times
Um, you realize there is nothing stopping perverts from entering a restroom right now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina