Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 02:01 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times

Advertisements

I'm seriously thinking this place is not for me. I just spent a bundle on plane tickets. Maybe we'll just go down and buy an investment property. I think this bug thing just put me over the edge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2006, 02:14 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
I'm seriously thinking this place is not for me. I just spent a bundle on plane tickets. Maybe we'll just go down and buy an investment property. I think this bug thing just put me over the edge.
I thought Arizona was loaded with creepy-crawly things like scorpions, tarantulas and Gila monsters?

Last edited by mm34b; 06-03-2006 at 02:24 AM..

Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 AM

Thank God I haven't seen anything like that here. That T word you mentioned is my worst fear ever, worse than the tornado. I rather go through tornado than ever see one of those things. I rmember moving to Az from Ny and saying I can't beleive I'm going to a place that has those things. I've been here for 18 years and I've never seen that thing or a scorpion. I do know people that have scopions though. I have a bug man come once a month and I don't see a thing.
From what I hear on here I will have big ugly bugs no matter what I do. I honestly don't know if I can handle all this stuff. My husband is getting irrate he gave me one day to figure out what I want to do and he doesn't want to hear it anymore. I'm not sure if I should stay or go.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:25 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Quote:
Thank God I haven't seen anything like that here. That T word you mentioned is my worst fear ever, worse than the tornado. I rather go through tornado than ever see one of those things. I rmember moving to Az from Ny and saying I can't beleive I'm going to a place that has those things. I've been here for 18 years and I've never seen that thing or a scorpion. I do know people that have scopions though. I have a bug man come once a month and I don't see a thing.
From what I hear on here I will have big ugly bugs no matter what I do. I honestly don't know if I can handle all this stuff. My husband is getting irrate he gave me one day to figure out what I want to do and he doesn't want to hear it anymore. I'm not sure if I should stay or go.
I say "go"! I have a huge bug phoebia, I freak when a lady bug lands on me. My biggest fear would be that locust swarm and that isn't going to happen. That's why I have a husband, so that he can smash the crunchy bugs!

Old 06-03-2006, 12:39 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
Quote:
If you have managed not to run across those type of things in Arizona after all these years, it's unlikely you're going to run across the NC pests here without a radical change in lifestyle such as going from city or suburbia to rural. You'll be fine here.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:45 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times
Quote:
oh my gosh a1m1700...I was born a desert rat (what we were called those of us born in AZ) with most of my family still there....you have just as many bugs and other creepy crawler things there then you do here...(I think the humidity will get you before the bugs)...would you just get your butt over here!

Old 06-03-2006, 01:38 PM

Oh you guys...After a bad fight with my husband I guess he says he will go without me. I hope I will be fine

Old 06-03-2006, 01:53 PM

5 posts, read 11,970 times
I want to know about that as well!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 02:09 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne
I want to know about that as well!!!!!!!

are you speaking of a1m's bad fight with her husband or the humidity?

Old 06-03-2006, 02:24 PM

787 posts, read 3,583,292 times
My bet is the humidity is going to get her before the bugs, well, that is minus the mosquitoes. Although they do normally spray for mosquitoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina