Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:05 AM

13 posts, read 31,427 times

Advertisements

with all the people moving to n.c. it seems that the traffic attitudes and everthing everyone is trying to escape will just end up in n.c. in a few years if i move iam looking for room like a big yard for my dogs and a place for my sons to ride thsir dirt bikes with out aggervating the neibors [they start them up and the cops are here] just want to live life in peace

Old 06-10-2006, 10:47 AM

195 posts, read 217,614 times
Sounds like you live in California!

Old 06-10-2006, 10:59 AM

40 posts, read 37,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy q
a place for my sons to ride thsir dirt bikes with out aggervating the neibors [they start them up and the cops are here] just want to live life in peace
Dirt bikes?

BLM land. OHV areas. Go ride your bikes, quads, 4x4's, rockbuggies, whatever.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtykj
Dirt bikes?

BLM land. OHV areas. Go ride your bikes, quads, 4x4's, rockbuggies, whatever.
Where is that area at?

Old 06-10-2006, 11:14 AM

212 posts, read 1,063,916 times
Want a place your young'ns can ride their dirt bikes? Take them to a proper place and ride with them. People have a right to live in peace just as you do, without it being disturbed by a revved up 2 cycle or 4 cycle motor. I'll never understand why a parent will buy their kid a 4 wheeler or dirt bike and not have any place for them to ride? The poor kid ends up riding down the highway to find a farm to trespass on.
Parents like this need to think about what they are foisting upon their neighbors.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:38 AM

Well no kidding! To assume I don't is not fair. There will always be people who complain about everything..Even if it's 3,000 miles away I was going to go on with a debate on this topic. But erased it and left it with what I wrote.

Last edited by Bound4NC; 06-10-2006 at 11:41 AM..

Old 06-10-2006, 11:39 AM

134 posts, read 549,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy q
with all the people moving to n.c. it seems that the traffic attitudes and everthing everyone is trying to escape will just end up in n.c. in a few years if i move iam looking for room like a big yard for my dogs and a place for my sons to ride thsir dirt bikes with out aggervating the neibors [they start them up and the cops are here] just want to live life in peace
And so do your neighbors! All I can think is HOW SELFISH of you!

BTW neighbors is spelled, well neighbors.

Have a nice day.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:46 AM

Lets be fair. Maybe he/she was wanting to buy 40 acres and have them ride. Nothing wrong with it. She/he also pay taxes and should be able to use the land how she wants. Correct?

Funny how you people pick on the dirt bikes, but when the Harley goes buy with the loud exhaust and is sitting next to you at a stop light and you can't even hear yourself think, you say nothing! Next time roll down your window and ask him/her to shut the motor off until the light turns green. This way you can hear your radio. Tell me how that works out for you.

Don't misread me. If people are riding dirt bikes in a cookie cutter area (track houses), then I agree. But, where we live, minimum acre is .5 and no one really complains. Unless, your racing down the street. If your going from point A to point B. It's fine. Out here, you can pull up to a stop sign and have a quad or dirt bike on the oposite corner waiting to turn.

Last edited by Bound4NC; 06-10-2006 at 11:50 AM..

Old 06-10-2006, 12:41 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,478,778 times
if you want somewhere for your kids to ride 4-wheelers and dirt bikes, go live out in the country. Not the suburbs, or a "small town", I'm talking about cotton fields and tractors. Anywhere but the middle of nowhere will be disturbing your neighbors.

I was lucky to grow up in an area with plenty of swampland and open fields. We rode 4-wheelers & dirt bikes out in the middle of nowhere - where they belong. I'm sorry, if you even HAVE neighbors, you're probably not in the right area for that.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:12 PM

I do agree with you. Although at what point do you realy not have neighbors? There is no real perfect world or at least I haven't found one. Meaning, the same person who complaines about dirt bikes need his house painted or has trash in the yard. Maybe they even have 50 cars in the yard they will never drive. Ever. I think life is a give and take. If people want to complain, make sure if your complaining you have everything in order too. Understand?

On another note. I sure notice more NC people complain on here than the SC side. Why is that? Rule of thumb will tell you that it's lake of jobs, marriage problems, income issues. People that don't complain have to many other things to worry about and are to tired from their jobs. I just find it interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina