Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 04:41 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,249 times

Advertisements

Now that I'm established with the stock market, I'm adding to my Waterford Crystal glasses.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2020, 10:41 PM

32,928 posts, read 36,335,488 times
I hope that everyone's Thanksgiving was good. My son and I didn't cook dinner because we are sick. We had leftovers and lots of snacks that we bought for the holiday. We didn't starve, watched a little football, and took naps. It wasn't a bad day.

Old 11-26-2020, 10:49 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I hope that everyone's Thanksgiving was good. My son and I didn't cook dinner because we are sick. We had leftovers and lots of snacks that we bought for the holiday. We didn't starve, watched a little football, and took naps. It wasn't a bad day.
I can't sleep so I'm having a glass of egg nog to help me relax.

Old 11-27-2020, 11:07 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
We had our Thanksgiving the week before, because my kids drive to NC to her parents for a few days....so I made a Turkey dinner for them with all the trimmings, and they contributed some side dishes, and on Thanksgiving I made a whole chicken and filling. Love Filling....

Hope ya'll had a great day.

Fisheye, did you hear about the trucker's strike....I'm behind them all the way.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:16 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
We had our Thanksgiving the week before, because my kids drive to NC to her parents for a few days....so I made a Turkey dinner for them with all the trimmings, and they contributed some side dishes, and on Thanksgiving I made a whole chicken and filling. Love Filling....

Hope ya'll had a great day.

Fisheye, did you hear about the trucker's strike....I'm behind them all the way.
No, I am a little out of the loop anymore. Besides that I am busy working right through the holiday. My sister did have me down for the turkey and I did stuff myself, but I worked the night before and that night.

I can picture why the truckers are upset because it looks like the new administration wants to quickly open up our borders. Good paying jobs will be lost to those willing to work for a fraction of the cost. I retired a good fifteen years ago from trucking.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No, I am a little out of the loop anymore. Besides that I am busy working right through the holiday. My sister did have me down for the turkey and I did stuff myself, but I worked the night before and that night.

I can picture why the truckers are upset because it looks like the new administration wants to quickly open up our borders. Good paying jobs will be lost to those willing to work for a fraction of the cost. I retired a good fifteen years ago from trucking.
yes, you are partially right, but, it seems that they are really angry due to the last shutdown, when the mayors shut down rest stops along the highways....truckers as you know are essential and supply all our foods, and other grocery and pharmacy items...the dems that shut down the interstates, had no idea what they unleashed....

btw, the media isn't showing this, but the Trump Teams are doing an excellent job of overturning the election with all the fraud they've uncovered....

Old 11-29-2020, 05:04 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, you are partially right, but, it seems that they are really angry due to the last shutdown, when the mayors shut down rest stops along the highways....truckers as you know are essential and supply all our foods, and other grocery and pharmacy items...the dems that shut down the interstates, had no idea what they unleashed....

btw, the media isn't showing this, but the Trump Teams are doing an excellent job of overturning the election with all the fraud they've uncovered....
Like I said, I am out of the loop! I did not even see any real news about what was happening or did not happen. Of course nobody gives us the news anymore!

Old 12-27-2020, 04:47 PM

226 posts, read 158,173 times
SPAM SPAM SPAM or SCAM SCAM SCAM

I posted an ad on Craigslist to sell a piece of household furniture. I have successfully sold items on Craigslist before.
Good thing about Craigslist is that it is a free service and I remain anonymous.

Here is the first reply I received shortly after posting the ad:

are you the original owner of it ? I'm interested in taking it , I don't
> check cl mail. my email address is xxxxxxxxxxx.

I replied:

Yes I am the original owner.
> I have receipts showing purchase.
>
> If you are truly interested, please give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Bob

They responded:

Thanks, We are very interested and OK with the price. My partner and I
are getting married in few weeks, and planning on starting our new
life close to his new job. We've been very busy with all the
preparations, I am so excited. We have a personal delivery service
that will pick up the item right after you receive your payment, they
have been helping us with our moving and other deliveries as well.
Kindly get back to me with your full names, address, contact number
and Final Asking price ? , we will mail our Check payment right away,
and right after payment has been cleared with you, we schedule the
date and time for the pick up. Hope to hear back from you soon

My response:

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

Final asking price = $400.

Regarding terms & conditions:

Payment must be made in CASH..
No checks, No Money Orders.

I will not reveal my full name or address to a stranger on the internet.

I provided you with my phone number which appears below.

If you want the item, call me and schedule pickup time.
I will provide you with my street address,
You will provide me with $400 cash and
I will help you load it into your vehicle.

Why is it that I a funny feeling I will not hear back from this potential "buyer"?

p.s. - my first name is not Bob.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:21 AM

I've sold things on Craigslist. It's cash or no sale. It's pathetic when they they show up and say that they only have 20s because they stopped at an ATM on the way over when they knew the item was $50.

Old 01-01-2021, 01:15 PM

New Year! I'm not sure that it's going to be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania