Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What does that mean?
Is it not obvious? You are a member of a hate group that calls Philly home.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What does that mean?
That there is more diversity down there.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofhs93 View Post
Yes...actually I *did* know that...I also know that the minority rate is very low in Lackawanna and Luzerne counties and the likelyhood of this person finding a nieghborhood where he is living amoungst a "majority" of black people is probably about zero. I also know that Lackawanna county gave President Obama his *biggest* win by vote percentage in the state. I bet you didn't know that one did you?

Do I think racism is alive and well...yes...it is in *certain* places. Do I think things have changed for the better over the last 25 years...yes I do...especially in *this* area. What good would hate crime stats do here if they are being reported by the same "dangerous" law enforrcement the this person claims is as much of a threat as any criminal? These officers would obviously not report the crime as a hate crime if that were the case. I'm not saying that there are not crooked police.
I cannot cosign regarding bias cops, since the worst one that I had to deal with was black. Now I had dealt with some stupid white cops, but the more that I think about it most of them were rookies and scared.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
You know what, looking again at that hate map from the Southern Poverty Law Center, and reading your posts, it's no wonder that most 'hate groups' from PA are concentrated in the Philly area.

Is'nt Philly one of the oldest cities in Pa? How one of the most diverse? The place is too small for all of the corruption that goes on there......I'm just saying

Old 04-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenReject View Post
crime is crime. it is ridiculous that we have to treat certain groups of people differently. For so many people who claim they just want everyone to be treated equally, the best thing we can come up with as a society is a category of crime that specifically treats people as un-equals? what a joke. While i sympathize with those who have or feel like they have been "target" by some bad eggs. (And they should definatly be prosecuted as crimes) I will go on to say that All crimes are hate crimes, not just those that occur to certain races.

Sorry that is not true. There are crimes of passion (getting caught in bed with someones wife/husband). Crimes of opportunity (some left their ring on a store counter). Crimes intended for financial gain (bank robbery).

A racial crime is a crime that dilberately targets a person because of their race. Does it happen to whites? Of course it does, but not as often since whites are perceived to have money and are the majority of the population they are most likely to be robbed. In some white peoples mind they would be quite pressed to rob a black person for just money. Why that is so I dunno, maybe because of the racial history of this country. Hell, there were people that wanted to do harm to the president BEFORE he became president only because he was black!

Old 04-08-2011, 01:37 PM

8 posts, read 7,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I cannot cosign regarding bias cops, since the worst one that I had to deal with was black.
I never mentioned race when I mentioned the police other than saying most of them cut their hair in a militaristic crew cut style and comparing that to how a lot of white supremacist also wear their hair.

The fact of the matter is the race of a particular cop is irrelevant... The police exist to keep the status quo... to enforce the laws that are overwhelmingly made by a certain group of people and to protect THAT group of people.

When I see that sign on the side of their police car door "To serve and protect" I laugh... To protect who? Certainly not me.... Neither do I feel served. All I feel is POLICED.... They are there to keep the blacks where they belong... and to make sure none slip into any white neighborhood. That's why if I go over to a white friends house I make sure not to linger....

Old 04-08-2011, 01:40 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholetone View Post
I never mentioned race when I mentioned the police other than saying most of them cut their hair in a militaristic crew cut style and comparing that to how a lot of white supremacist also wear their hair.

The fact of the matter is the race of a particular cop is irrelevant... The police exist to keep the status quo... to enforce the laws that are overwhelmingly made by a certain group of people and to protect THAT group of people.

When I see that sign on the side of their police car door "To serve and protect" I laugh... To protect who? Certainly not me.... Neither do I feel served. All I feel is POLICED.... They are there to keep the blacks where they belong... and to make sure none slip into any white neighborhood. That's why if I go over to a white friends house I make sure not to linger....

Old 04-08-2011, 01:53 PM

120 posts, read 225,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholetone View Post

With every successive post my initial reaction appears to be proven more and more accurate. I honestly wish that that was not the case. Wholetone...from reading the contents of your posts in this thread...I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that you are not going to find your version of utopia located anywhere in Northeastern PA...I wish you luck on your quest though.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:21 PM

8 posts, read 7,702 times
I'm not looking for utopia... I'm asking where can I live .... There's got to be a street or a small area where it's mostly black or has a high concentration of blacks... That 8% lives somewhere. Nowhere in my original post did I ever say I wanted to live in harmony with my fellow (white) man. All I said is where is there a place where I can live un- harassed by white people who would be upset that I exist in their neighborhood just because I'm black.

If you really want to know... I'm pretty much of a segregationist, blacks and white can't live together unless they are forced to. I don't preach hate toward anyone.... But I know who white people are and what they are about... I will never kid myself about that.

Even with white people I know and like very much I know most of them see me as their "Black Friend" and not just their friend. Or what about the white guy who is always trying to talk to me in slang or calls me Brother or bro all the time. He means well... But he can't get past the fact that I'm black and just talk to me like he would anyone else.

All I was asking is where do the black people live... I don't want to move into your neighborhood as much as you don't want me to move into it.

Last edited by wholetone; 04-08-2011 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 PM

120 posts, read 225,817 times
Ohh...wholesome...you edited your true colors before I had a chance to quote them...why are you sesoring yourself???? I had you pegged from the get go sir...no need to hide. I apologize that we do not have any local chapters of the Israelite Church for you to attend here in NEPA. And...the "black folk" as you say...for the most part tend to live in and amoungst us racist white people. You see...the honest truth is...your thoughts and actions are just as racist as the skinheads and neo nazis....all of which believe that different races are incapable of living together in harmony. You each believe that we need to be separate. How sad. I'm proud to say that I don't have black, asian, or latino friends......I just have FRIENDS. As I stated before...you will not find a comfortable place to live in NEPA with your current thoughts and opinions on race relations....good luck in your quest...and I wish you the best in your endevors...even if we can not agree on this basic issue.

For the record...(this is for all who were not able to read his original "thoughts") Wholesome bravely admitted that in actuality...he believes in separation of races...he does not believe that black and white people can live together. That's the short version...he is a sepratist when it comes to race relations. I wish he would have held up that brave revelation instead of cowering back into the darkeness by editing his post to delete all of that information...but unfortunetly *most* racist people are like that...they harbor these "feelings" and every once in awhile at a weak moment they let them slip out...but then they slink back into the darkeness of anonymity once it is revealed. The world would be an easier place to navagate and clean up if everyone just wore their feelings on their sleeve...at least we would then know the true racists at a glance..instead of a people like this...who hold these thoughts secretly.

Last edited by ofhs93; 04-08-2011 at 03:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania