Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
It must be a big deal, since you, myself and others, decided to make 100 comments about it so far. Not counting the numerous other threads about the subject.
Just shootin' the breeze and wasting time on a Thursday afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:45 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
The Pizza Capitol of the World moniker is a marketing ploy. Tons of other towns and cities have cute little slogans like that. I don't see why it is such a big deal.
I have to disagree somewhat. Other cities use the slogans as marketing ploys but the people in Old Forge firmly believe they are the "Pizza Capitol of the World".

Old 06-02-2011, 11:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I have to disagree somewhat. Other cities use the slogans as marketing ploys but the people in Old Forge firmly believe they are the "Pizza Capitol of the World".
So what? NYers think their pizza is the Best Thing Ever. Who cares about people having small town pride?

Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
Quote:
And you know everyone in Old Forge? You must have a helluva Christmas Card list!

I personally don't care for OF pizza. But I don't go on ad infinitum, ad nauseum about it. I just find a pie I like and stick with it.

As a child, I was not permitted to say "yuk" or "ewww" when faced with an unfamiliar food. Taste it and if you don't like it, fine. But don't be insulting to others who enjoy it.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:21 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyz View Post
As you imply, people in NEPA just LIKE to eat BAD food.

You really don't get it do you? (Probably because you and your ilk have never "went to Old Forge" and "had to of eaten" there, or more likely, don't get de gustibus non est disputandum.) And as you also won't understand, it isn't about the cheese.

Oh, and that "puzzled look" is politeness and pity....
No, that puzzled look isn't politeness and pity, it's "I can't believe a pizza joint puts american cheese on pizza". I don't think NEPA eats bad food, their polish festivals are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
You're right, they really do.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
It must be a big deal, since you, myself and others, decided to make 100 comments about it so far. Not counting the numerous other threads about the subject.
Hahaha, pizza is a big issue, nothing fires up people like their pizza likes and dislikes,,,,,lolololol

Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,699 times
I like Victory Pig and Sizzle Pi on occasion. I think I said that before.

I do however think Nardones Pizza is pure disgusting crap, the cheese sticks to your teeth and it's gross. Although maybe that is why it is so popular here, given many residents lack of teeth, nothing to stick to.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 PM

273 posts, read 957,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I don't think it's ignorance
There's a surprise. I bet you're not alone.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It hasn't been answered for you in the previous threads over the past few years? Really?

Why do they make it like that? Because it's a different spin on pizza and because it sells.

Why do people like it? Because it tastes good to them.

There. Now we can all stop wondering at the amazing world of different tastes in food styles.
You don't have to get all bent out of shape. I find it amusing, don't take it seriously, I don't. We are just talking about pizza on a silly internet forum and really, my whole life is not consumed about. I get it, people eat it. No one should take it personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania