Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times

Advertisements

great post trucker...

She can spit and spin out whatever she wants... we and the government have every right to disseminate and disclose her very public words and intentions. If she got into all of this just to spew her hate of one sect of people, she got into it for all the wrong reasons. I'm positive that the a-holes who have our country under water right now come from many races and religions...I'm sick of hearing that the ills of the US are caused by greedy Jewish businessmen.

I support the ideas of an Occupy Wall Street movement, if it focuses on the fact that the downward spiral of our banking industry begins with the bundling and securitizations of mortgages, (all under the watchful eye of our government) and ends with robo signing and illegal foreclosures...not if it supports the ideals of anti-semitism.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
The facebook rant is worthless, you can't put information in the public domain and then stipulate who or how that information can be used. The only thing that comes into play legally is copyright which is what the Facebook TOS is about. Images, original text or other original material posted by anyone is copyrighted by the person posting it, the facebook TOS is common legalese that is going to be found on any site where users can upload content. It's to protect the site owner against copyright infringement claims.

Last edited by thecoalman; 11-25-2011 at 10:12 AM..

Old 11-25-2011, 01:07 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
Lets get back to the original post that said:

Quote:
"I am, and I remain sympathetic to the movement's efforts at a more equitable distribution of wealth in America, and an end to the part that big business plays in American politics."
Why and to whom should my wealth be redistributed to again?

By the way do you really put any weight into groups that are called "Occupy Scranton" and "Occupy Wilkes-Barre", its laughable when you really think about it..ROFLMAO Scranton has 3 tents and a blue tarp..

GET A JOB!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 12-02-2011 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Removed rude comments

Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
It is specific to NEPA, because Occupy Wilkes-Barre is located in, um Wilkes-Barre, and Wilkes-Barre is in NEPA, last I checked.

No one needs to believe what I am saying. If you want, go onto Facebook. They have a page. There are two OW-B movements. They both share some common and odious beliefs, but the one that I had direct contact with is "Occupy Wilkes-Barre!" - with the exclamation point.

I would think that it would be interesting to residents of NEPA to learn that there is a HATE GROUP in our midst.

I asked them if they would disavow any connection to "Holocaust Denial" ( people who believe that there was no Holocaust in Europe, or to Anti-Semitism. They would not.
One said "I am a proud Anti-Semite"

Most of that conversation is still up on facebook. See for your self.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:55 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Thanks for your reminders Sheena about how your OP is about the local Occupy movement. Let's keep comments on topic please. Comments about other topics may be deleted.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:04 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
I am tied in somewhat with the occupy movement. I do not believe most things I hear on the news. I am an Alex Jones fan, Jesse Ventura fan, Ron Paul suupporter ect. I do believe that Israel as well as other countries no longer should be funded. However, I am not against Jewish people nor do I accept the holocaust theory. That is absolute bull! I distance myself from this woman and others like her.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:37 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh please tell me that this is not an attempt to defend antisemitism. PLEASE.
I don't think it was a defense of antisemitism, just the fact that he wasn't surprised by it in this area.

I have seen this woman's FB page and she is off the rails. She shares the same sentiment as most of the occupiers across the country. I have seen others make comments bashing the Jews.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:13 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I don't think it was a defense of antisemitism, just the fact that he wasn't surprised by it in this area.

I have seen this woman's FB page and she is off the rails. She shares the same sentiment as most of the occupiers across the country. I have seen others make comments bashing the Jews.
Attacks against Jewish people are up to record highs all across North America....its not really attached to the Occupy movement... Considering there's been a rash of attacks in this region and fire bombings...

Old 11-25-2011, 08:32 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Attacks against Jewish people are up to record highs all across North America....its not really attached to the Occupy movement... Considering there's been a rash of attacks in this region and fire bombings...
This is true. I was just pointing out that it was not limited to Occupy WB. You are correct to say the attacks are prevalent from other groups too.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
However, I am not against Jewish people nor do I accept the holocaust theory.
Theory? I hope by this you mean you do not accept the conspiracy theories that have been proposed by complete idiots.

Getting back to the OP and along a similar thread I posed the same question in m own forum. How am I supposed to support or be against a group when I don't know what they want? Seems there is no leadership, cohesion or any goals. If as sheena says this local group is anti semitic it just goes show there is vast divisions within the OWS crowd itself, this movement will collapse unto itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania