Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 10:00 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times

Advertisements

I feel like she is expecting too much here. She wants the police to go all CSI: Wilkes-Barre on a bulb for one robbery.

It's not that I don't agree that police should do more to make the citizens feel safer, but given how many robberies occur in the city on a regular basis it's not surprising that it took them nearly a week and a news report later to respond. Cripes, they don't even seem to care when someone is assaulted--why should they care about a robbery?

You'd think the WBPD would want to avoid having image problems but I guess when they have the taxpayers by the you-know-whats they just don't care.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I feel like she is expecting too much here. She wants the police to go all CSI: Wilkes-Barre on a bulb for one robbery.

It's not that I don't agree that police should do more to make the citizens feel safer, but given how many robberies occur in the city on a regular basis it's not surprising that it took them nearly a week and a news report later to respond. Cripes, they don't even seem to care when someone is assaulted--why should they care about a robbery?

You'd think the WBPD would want to avoid having image problems but I guess when they have the taxpayers by the you-know-whats they just don't care.
I don't agree about expecting too much. It may only be one robbery to us, but to her it's a major violation of privacy and safety. I think having to wait nearly a week for the city to respond is horrendous. I agree though that this is all par for the course for the WBPD.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:24 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
You could bet your last dollar that the WBPD would be on the scene immediately going all Horatio Caine on the crime scene if it was Mayor Leighton's home or the home of some other connected crony that was broken into.... typical NEPA....

Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,763,226 times
Quote:

I think should your house be robbed you'd have the expectation that someone is coming to dust for prints. It's a very important part of the investigation. It shouldn't take a week, that's absolutely absurd!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
Quote:
Cripes, they don't even seem to care when someone is assaulted--why should they care about a robbery?
That's assuming that there was an actual assault. Someone was punched, not jumped in an alley by a gang and beaten to death. It was a punch in the face.

How many fights do you think that the WBPD deals with in a day, week, month lets be honest here, it was a fight and between two people, summons were issued. Case closed by the WBPD, now its up to a magistrate if it even makes it that far, simply because IT WAS A FIGHT.

This WHOLE thing has been a lesson in how people view the world and how out of touch you really are with the reality that is outside your door and across the street from your homes.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
You could bet your last dollar that the WBPD would be on the scene immediately going all Horatio Caine on the crime scene if it was Mayor Leighton's home or the home of some other connected crony that was broken into.... typical NEPA....
Yes, I agree.

If it was someone with a different last name, this would have been all over the papers last week.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
The case is " In The System " It could drag on for weeks , months , years, There is so many ways for people to delay, postpone , and play the system.. Im sure the perps involved know the system and will work it all they can.... Prepare for a LONG drawn out ride ... And Prob in the end it will be thrown out or dismissed ...

Old 09-06-2012, 01:03 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times
Quote:

Just a thought, if the WBPD did dust for prints at robberies maybe there would be less robberies? While I could see it being a problem to dust an entire house, points of entry where things were stolen etc. might actually help to catch a few thieves and reduce the robbery rate. Just thinking....

Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 PM

8,071 posts, read 7,436,873 times
Our house was robbed several years ago. We are in State Police jurisdiction, and they said we have the option of getting the house dusted for fingerprints but it makes a big mess (they don't show you that on TV) and since we were robbed by kids (most likely) there would probably not be a match in the system even if they knew whose prints were whose. We opted just to file the insurance claim and install a security system.

However the lady from W-B has a specific item, a light bulb, so I can't see why the police won't come out and check it. It's not CSI as I understand it. Fingerprinting is pretty low-tech, but if W-B is as broke as every other city in the country they probably can't spare a cop to do that.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Just a thought, if the WBPD did dust for prints at robberies maybe there would be less robberies? While I could see it being a problem to dust an entire house, points of entry where things were stolen etc. might actually help to catch a few thieves and reduce the robbery rate. Just thinking....
Is it cost prohibitive to dust? Perhaps the cost doesn't justify it. Just thinking allowed as I don't see why LE wouldn't dust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania