Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Obviously any post that questions the validity of this story is being deleted....

It is ON TOPIC to question whether or not any of this is true.

It doesn't add up at all, no matter which way you spin it.

The court hearing dates, attorneys, suddenly moving to OH while preparing for a NEPA halloween, it doesn't add up.

Please stop deleting any post that questions this story, its not right nor is it fair to only allow one side to heard for 40+ pages.

You can believe what you want. I was assaulted twice and nothing was done about it. There is no court date yet, and I haven't been contacted by the police, DA or whoever handles the case. I have $2,500 in hospital bills. As far as moving, we saw a very nice house in Warren, Ohio near our son's school where the owner will do a land contract for it. We tried to stay in NEPA so our daughter could continue in her school but our main concern is the families safety. Nothing is opening up in W-B or NEPA, so since we really don't have ties here, we'll leave. As far as my wife being on the Halloween forum, Halloween is her favorite holiday and will be coming up shortly. We don't know when we are moving, so life goes on and if you don't like it- tough. We just keep to ourselves and don't acknowledge any of our neighbors. Not a good way to live, but we are managing so far.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:32 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Were you able to find a job in Ohio on such short notice? I can imagine the Youngstown area economy is similar to NEPA...

And according to city-data stats, Warren has a significantly higher crime rate than Wilkes-Barre. And Youngstown makes Wilkes-Barre look like Mayberry.....crime stats are in the Camden, NJ/Gary, IN range. Like MatildaLoo said, might want to make sure you're not going from the frying pan to the fire.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times
We've already discussed this a few threads back. It's the moderator's job to make sure discussions stay on topic and run smoothly. City-data isn't a government entity; they are a private company and they have volunteer moderators whose job it is to make sure threads like this one don't get derailed into someone else's agenda. They aren't bound by the First Amendment and it has nothing to do with free speech.

It's not a natural progression of a thread to start calling someone a liar because they are making plans for Halloween. It's not a natural progression of a thread to demean the OP's husband because he didn't go crazy and shoot up the house next door. This thread is about what happened to Sheena and Warren and the aftermath, not about other people's need to fight or attack people with different points of view, which BTW are against the terms of service that we agreed to when we sign up for C-D.

Being nasty to people is not a productive way to conduct a discussion. I'm not innocent here and I know I've been guilty of it at times, and the moderator has called me on it with good reason. It's called being civil. There are plenty of Internet forums that allow posters to fight without infraction or moderation. This isn't one of them and we all were made aware of that when we signed up.

I'm sure that many of us want this thread to continue so that Sheena and Warren have a designated spot to update us on their progress, so I think we should dial it back and keep the discussion focused on that instead of letting yet another NEPA forum thread degrade into a fight.

(And I'm aware that this post will probably be deleted at least in part, but I had to get this off my chest)

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Removed response to orphaned comment

Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
You can believe what you want. I was assaulted twice and nothing was done about it. There is no court date yet, and I haven't been contacted by the police, DA or whoever handles the case. I have $2,500 in hospital bills. As far as moving, we saw a very nice house in Warren, Ohio near our son's school where the owner will do a land contract for it. We tried to stay in NEPA so our daughter could continue in her school but our main concern is the families safety. Nothing is opening up in W-B or NEPA, so since we really don't have ties here, we'll leave. As far as my wife being on the Halloween forum, Halloween is her favorite holiday and will be coming up shortly. We don't know when we are moving, so life goes on and if you don't like it- tough. We just keep to ourselves and don't acknowledge any of our neighbors. Not a good way to live, but we are managing so far.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:37 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,802,909 times
Quote:
I know I keep plugging Pittsburgh area, and its only about 2 hours from Cleveland!!

We also came from Long Island and are loving it here in Pittsburgh. My kids just got their first report from school and its all 100's. On Long Island we went to parochial school and they rarely got A's.

I understand the creative financing as we were self employed. But there must be something in this area that will do that!!

Good luck and let us know what is going on.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
Quote:

Sounds logical. I hope it all works. It is a sad situation to say the least. NEPA will be the loser. Hopefully you will find peace. What is needed is the Lone Ranger and Tonto, with a posse.

There were plenty of places here that could work, but there is something to be said for getting 'the bad' out of your lives. With son in school there it could work out well. I hate to be redundant again but you really must be careful. It sounds like the potential exists to be similar to your current situation...but you are smart people and know that.

W-B will keep the bad guys and maybe their pals will move in across the street. So be it...unless someone is forming that posse.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:16 PM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
I know I keep plugging Pittsburgh area, and its only about 2 hours from Cleveland!!

We also came from Long Island and are loving it here in Pittsburgh. My kids just got their first report from school and its all 100's. On Long Island we went to parochial school and they rarely got A's.

I understand the creative financing as we were self employed. But there must be something in this area that will do that!!

Good luck and let us know what is going on.
We are MORE than open to Pittsburgh! We need to give it a closer look. Do you have a realtor that you would like to recommend?

I am so happy that you children are doing well in Pittsburgh, Dorothy! And you get to save on Parochial School tuition!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:30 PM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Sounds logical. I hope it all works. It is a sad situation to say the least. NEPA will be the loser. Hopefully you will find peace. What is needed is the Lone Ranger and Tonto, with a posse.

There were plenty of places here that could work, but there is something to be said for getting 'the bad' out of your lives. With son in school there it could work out well. I hate to be redundant again but you really must be careful. It sounds like the potential exists to be similar to your current situation...but you are smart people and know that.

W-B will keep the bad guys and maybe their pals will move in across the street. So be it...unless someone is forming that posse.
Yes we like to think of ourselves as "smart people" who do our research. We did here, but when the homes fell through - 2 in Kingston and one in West Pittston, we took what was available.

We are not in a state of hysteria. We have a roof over our heads, and we have had to modify our lifestyle a bit. We have followed the advice of people we have come to respect. Not to take walks in the area, use our back yard, exit and enter through the back, no dog walking. It's a pain but it's better than violence.

I don't know if we will be here in a month or six months - I know we will not spend another summer on this block.

We have not had problems in the Winter, Autumn and early Spring.

Last summer was dicey - but no where near as dicey or dangerous as this summer.

Because there are so many unknowns I am not going to discontinue living my life, making plans for upcoming holidays and so forth.

There are no inconsistencies in what either Warren or myself have posted.

It is strange to me that others are checking up on us on other sub forums. A little creepy.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:36 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes we like to think of ourselves as "smart people" who do our research. We did here, but when the homes fell through - 2 in Kingston and one in West Pittston, we took what was available.

We are not in a state of hysteria. We have a roof over our heads, and we have had to modify our lifestyle a bit. We have followed the advice of people we have come to respect. Not to take walks in the area, use our back yard, exit and enter through the back, no dog walking. It's a pain but it's better than violence.

I don't know if we will be here in a month or six months - I know we will not spend another summer on this block.

We have not had problems in the Winter, Autumn and early Spring.

Last summer was dicey - but no where near as dicey or dangerous as this summer.

Because there are so many unknowns I am not going to discontinue living my life, making plans for upcoming holidays and so forth.

There are no inconsistencies in what either Warren or myself have posted.

It is strange to me that others are checking up on us on other sub forums. A little creepy.
I agree nothing strange to me about living your life while waiting for changes. I find it sad that you can not even use your back yard...I thought things only occured in the front, to not be able to use any outdoor space at all...would make me crazy!

Old 08-31-2012, 03:59 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I don't know how Paul found out but if you put yourself out there you might as well expect the unexpected. Anyone genuinely concerned about you can simply click on your username to see what other posts you have made.

I will say this much and have said it before. Wherever you go, there you are. I hope you both find the peace and happiness you deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania