Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,699 times

Advertisements

Grew up in Tunkhannock although not born and bred there. Did go thru the entire school system. I will say Tunkhannock sucks big time. It is such a backwards community. You are nothing unless you are one of the founding families. The founding families kids get away with everything...if they get picked up for drinking underage or anything they just get a slap on the wrist and nothing is even done. If you were not born there you are treated like an outsider. They will use you when they cannot get one of their "own" to volunteer and as soon as you are done you are cast aside like trash. The people are very clickish never letting an outsider be part of the group. The teachers suck as do the coaches. If you were born and raised there you have it made with sports and school. Coaches will play kids who suck even though and "outsider" may play better and be more skilled. Look at the teacher that was arrested in the high school for corruption of a minor. Now other teachers had to know this was going on if other students did but they turned a blind eye. Look at the sexting stuff that got Tunkhannock a LifeTime show for having a stupid DA. Look at the school district that furloughed 32 teachers and then lost a lawsuit and had to pay them their back pay. As soon as I could I got the hell out of there and moved away to a more accepting community. Oh and that new Walmart is bringing all sorts of scumbags to the area so good luck with them. This is not a real bright community with only high school grads and most of them work in low class jobs at P&G, quarries and now with the gas people. Their taxes are high especially the school ones and you don't even get a decent education. Now the traffic is bad with the super Walmart. Once the gas folks move out Tunkhannock will be a ghost town with empty hotels and restaurants. So if you are smart move elsewhere if you want to fit in cause this is one snobby town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 04:54 PM

21 posts, read 29,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AroundtheUSA View Post
Grew up in Tunkhannock although not born and bred there. Did go thru the entire school system. I will say Tunkhannock sucks big time. It is such a backwards community. You are nothing unless you are one of the founding families. The founding families kids get away with everything...if they get picked up for drinking underage or anything they just get a slap on the wrist and nothing is even done. If you were not born there you are treated like an outsider. They will use you when they cannot get one of their "own" to volunteer and as soon as you are done you are cast aside like trash. The people are very clickish never letting an outsider be part of the group. The teachers suck as do the coaches. If you were born and raised there you have it made with sports and school. Coaches will play kids who suck even though and "outsider" may play better and be more skilled. Look at the teacher that was arrested in the high school for corruption of a minor. Now other teachers had to know this was going on if other students did but they turned a blind eye. Look at the sexting stuff that got Tunkhannock a LifeTime show for having a stupid DA. Look at the school district that furloughed 32 teachers and then lost a lawsuit and had to pay them their back pay. As soon as I could I got the hell out of there and moved away to a more accepting community. Oh and that new Walmart is bringing all sorts of scumbags to the area so good luck with them. This is not a real bright community with only high school grads and most of them work in low class jobs at P&G, quarries and now with the gas people. Their taxes are high especially the school ones and you don't even get a decent education. Now the traffic is bad with the super Walmart. Once the gas folks move out Tunkhannock will be a ghost town with empty hotels and restaurants. So if you are smart move elsewhere if you want to fit in cause this is one snobby town.

Lol, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,699 times
Oh and now you have Silica plant going in to spread a little cancer to the locals.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,211 times
I only wish this forum mattered.

I was born and raised in this town and was still treated as an outcast. And I also was burned by those groups who threw me aside after volunteering. I was a small business owner who always put community first but only to be treated so badly.

I know as a Christian I should forgive but do I ever so struggle.

The good news, there is life outside tunkhannock. There are friendly communities near by that will love you and appreciate you. Again, this is coming from someone that was born and raised in this not so friendly town:-(

Old 11-12-2014, 09:30 AM

22 posts, read 42,137 times

Old 11-19-2014, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,105 times
Default Tunkhannock

this town is nothing more than trouble~~~~~don't move here , I grew up here and am glad to be out!!! don't tell this town is just trouble and never will be any better, we come back to see family and they have no real stores here , just wal mart they have a few very few good places to get a bite to eat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania