Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 03:49 AM

472 posts, read 779,053 times

Advertisements

I was out on my deck tonight with my neighbor and it was freezing. I feel like this summer just past us by and we had a long spring n early fall. Summer? When did that happen in 2015? I feel cheated and want a do over. I'm sure there will be snow in October. Time to order wood n propane. This winter is gonna be costly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 04:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
I was out on my deck tonight with my neighbor and it was freezing. I feel like this summer just past us by and we had a long spring n early fall. Summer? When did that happen in 2015? I feel cheated and want a do over. I'm sure there will be snow in October. Time to order wood n propane. This winter is gonna be costly...
Quit reading that damn Farmer's Almanac! Think Spring!

I worked nights in Pocono Summit form many years. What amazed me is how many snows there were that nobody saw that worked the day shift. Many nights we had light dustings that melted when the sun came up. By the way; I worked one week up there in the 1980's where the nighttime temperatures went down to -20 or colder (one night it hit -26). The day time temperatures did not get above '0'. Fortunately many were not here then or cannot remember those days - I wish I could! I worked on an unheated freight dock at that time.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:49 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Relax, Sarge, winter will be gone before you know it

This has been a decent summer and it is far from over.

The Miner's Almanac predicts a good autumn...the best season in NEPA

Old 08-27-2015, 07:57 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Time to order wood n propane. This winter is gonna be costly...
Prices are down. Heating oil delivered from Bartonsville is $1.6490 today and there are no signs of supply problems. Shouldn't be as costly as people think.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:07 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Prices are down. Heating oil delivered from Bartonsville is $1.6490 today and there are no signs of supply problems. Shouldn't be as costly as people think.
Propane is probably similar. Bulk prices over the summer were as cheap as I can recall in last 7-8 years. It is a good time to look into topping off tanks if possible. We still need to burn some to make room for decent delivery and that won't happen for a couple months at this rate.

The weatherman says mid 80s return soon and last a while. Relax and enjoy it while you can.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:31 AM

Listen I'm telling you Tobyhanna weather is a whole different animal then the rest of NEPA it's in the 50's at night here already n has rarely broke 80 the whole summer

Old 08-27-2015, 02:00 PM

335 posts, read 325,146 times
Oh Sarge, not to worry.....look at what you have to look forward to! As the temps fall, I'm certain the residents of your community will arrange discarded recliners and sofas and set them around those 55 gallon oil drums. Then, while burning anything they can get their hands on and passing a cheep bottle of rot gut, you'll really get a chance to meet and socialize with the local fair. I'm certain this will bring back the fond memories you have of Newark. Remember Sarge, always look on the bright side. Wishing you warm, safe and happy winter season!

Old 08-27-2015, 05:30 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times
I'm hedging my bets on the other forecast from El Nino effects calling for an abnormally warm winter here. Next week is looking like 90's so get out and enjoy it.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:41 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
Oh Sarge, not to worry.....look at what you have to look forward to! As the temps fall, I'm certain the residents of your community will arrange discarded recliners and sofas and set them around those 55 gallon oil drums. Then, while burning anything they can get their hands on and passing a cheep bottle of rot gut, you'll really get a chance to meet and socialize with the local fair. I'm certain this will bring back the fond memories you have of Newark. Remember Sarge, always look on the bright side. Wishing you warm, safe and happy winter season!
I'm the only poor soul outside on my deck in the winter. I'm a winter baby n love the cold, just not in August. Good one on Newark comment but your way, way off on that lil racist joke Further... I'll leave it at that...

Old 08-27-2015, 10:03 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times
I think August did feel more like September this year. I can't say I am too sorry though. I love the warm sunny days and the cool nights are great for sleeping. I am not convinced that the warm weather is gone for the season - I think we will see warmer days and we still have to have Indian Summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania