Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,272,401 times

Advertisements

First off, I'm a fan of the W-B police, but these recent suicides while in police custody is completely unexceptable! How was this allowed to happen twice! If someone is determined to take thier own life, they will succeed, but this should not happen on the W-B police dept's watch. And where is the local media? You'd think that they would be having a field day with this! How did this happen? Are thier surveylance camera's in the holding cell? If not, then why not? If so who was suppost to be watching the monitor? What are the W-B police going to do to stop this from happening again? Will there be an internal investigation? All these questions remain unanswered! And nobody in the local media seems to be asking these questions! This raises serious doubts about whether blanketing the entire city with surveylance camera's will do anything at all to deter crime. If they cannot prevent someone from taking thier life right under thier noses, how will these surveylance camera's do any good? Like I said, I think the W-B police dept. is top notch, and I wouldn't trade them for any other dept, but they seriously dropped the ball here... Twice! It is unexceptable, and something must be done to make sure this never happens again. And what about the local media. Where are they? Are they asking any questions? How can they just let this slide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 AM

37 posts, read 99,468 times
Just one more reason I would never live there. Besides, if a criminal wants to take their own life, who cares? Let them! Good riddance, I say.

Oh, and its 'unacceptable'. There were a few more, but I won't bother correcting them.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsgirl827 View Post
Besides, if a criminal wants to take their own life, who cares? Let them! Good riddance, I say.
I agree, and that's what I said in my above post, but apparently it was deleted for being "off topic." I don't see how its off topic when I was commenting on what the original poster said...

Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 AM

I just can't see being upset about that?! They did something to begin with to be in police custody. They are scum then, and have no right to be in our society.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,272,401 times
I am not upset about it, but I do think that they must take corrective action. They should have taken action after the first suicide. This is the police dept. for christ sake! It is the last place that this should be happening.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:24 AM

They were probably minor offenders and the police were probably busy with the more serious criminals such as homicides and stuff.

Besides if a person is going to take their own life, good luck stopping them. They will succeed at some point. Either that or land themselves in a mental hospital. People take their own lives in jail more often than you hear about, I'm sure.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:38 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,969 times
Quote:
I just can't see being upset about that?! They did something to begin with to be in police custody. They are scum then, and have no right to be in our society.
I agree 100% ...LETS WORRY ABOUT THE DECENT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS...
let all these criminals croak.....

Old 11-19-2008, 02:02 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
I agree 100% ...LETS WORRY ABOUT THE DECENT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS...
let all these criminals croak.....
Damn you're suave!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 PM

904 posts, read 2,054,506 times
Quote:
I've heard that sometimes innocent people are arrested. Sounds like liberal hogwash, though.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:41 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
I've heard that sometimes innocent people are arrested. Sounds like liberal hogwash, though.

yeah...you know something...the jails are full of innocent people...
if you ask anyone that is in jail...they are innocent..didn't do it
rarely would you ever come accross someone who admitted they
committed a crime..they are there for a reason...but thats my personal
experience and opinion...who cares..let them all drop..do the tax payers
a favor...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania