Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,817,492 times

Advertisements

They finally made it to our area....looks like I'll have something else to waste my time on the internet with!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 02:57 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
It's a shame it's already a YEAR OLD though by the time they finally decided to add us in! If you look closely while headed eastbound on Lackawanna Avenue you will see a wreath beneath the Steve & Barry's sign on the skyway, indicating that it's indeed Christmas time. At first I thought it was very recent, but then I noticed that none of the redevelopment work on the 500-block of Lackawanna Avenue had been shown. These are images most likely from December 2007!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
The region is still very sparsely covered as well, but here's a few snapshots I took:

Welcome to Scranton, the Electric City. This mural greets visitors as they enter downtown from the Central Scranton Expressway.

This historic Radisson Hotel.

My dad's office building.

Many parade balloons have narrowly passed beneath this pedestrian skyway at the Steamtown Mall.

The city's most beautiful abandoned building.

Dan's favorite slogan "Restoring the Pride."

The old Central NJ Freight Terminal along West Lackawanna Avenue that will be undergoing conversion to restaurants and retail space once the adjacent bridge is replaced.

The long-anticipated Jay's Commons project in West Side.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:16 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,095,634 times
It depends on the image..........I have looked at images that I know were taken this year....Summer of 08'

Old 12-16-2008, 04:20 PM

90 posts, read 248,432 times
they did Old Forge too, and that was definately Summer 08... they even did some of Newton, and caught a shot of someone I work with on their tractor. And they even remembered seeing the car driving by real slow taking the pictures.

And yes, the time of the year it was depends on where you're lookin

Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,817,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
It depends on the image..........I have looked at images that I know were taken this year....Summer of 08'
Me too. The images on Main Ave in West Side show gas stations charging $4.05 a gallon. That means it was probably July of this year.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 AM

904 posts, read 2,054,832 times
Cool, street view is dope.

Wish local.live.com would cover us in their "bird's eye" view as well. As much as I hate giving MS any credit, it's pretty nice. They cover down the line: Web browser and Live Maps are incompatible

Old 12-17-2008, 09:44 AM

8 posts, read 18,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
They finally made it to our area....looks like I'll have something else to waste my time on the internet with!
That's cool.
How do you link those photos? I actually found my house but it wont link it when I try to paste?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,624,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezbowski View Post
they did Old Forge too, and that was definately Summer 08... they even did some of Newton, and caught a shot of someone I work with on their tractor. And they even remembered seeing the car driving by real slow taking the pictures.

And yes, the time of the year it was depends on where you're lookin

the camera they use is pretty wild, looks like the one mounted on this beetle

Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 AM

904 posts, read 2,054,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtSpooner View Post
That's cool.
How do you link those photos? I actually found my house but it wont link it when I try to paste?
You can save them to your computer by doing a screen grab. Hit the Print Screen button, then open up a drawing program (like "Paint" on MS Windoze) and paste the image.

You can also use the "Link" link at the top right of the map to link to the Google Maps page as you're viewing it, e.g.:
Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania