Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:46 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Elegante in Honesdale might work as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 10:38 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,757 times
It's to bad Top Dog isn't still open.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
It's to bad Top Dog isn't still open.
Can't beat 39 cent hot dogs and a few games of Paperboy and Ski-ball!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,662 times
How about The Castle (http://www.omarscastleinn.com/index.html - broken link), a dinner theater place in Dallas? You can chat each other up over dinner and during the intermission, and the play looks like it would silence the crickets. I posted here about it once, seemed to get favorable reviews, but circumstances changed and I never wound up going, so I can't offer insight or a review of my own.

Looks like they do one show a month. The calendar posted appears to be for 2008, but give them a call.

If you don't hit it off as well as you'd like, at least you'll both have have a show to watch.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
How about The Castle (http://www.omarscastleinn.com/index.html - broken link), a dinner theater place in Dallas? You can chat each other up over dinner and during the intermission, and the play looks like it would silence the crickets. I posted here about it once, seemed to get favorable reviews, but circumstances changed and I never wound up going, so I can't offer insight or a review of my own.

Looks like they do one show a month. The calendar posted appears to be for 2008, but give them a call.

If you don't hit it off as well as you'd like, at least you'll both have have a show to watch.
We went to The Castle once and enjoyed ourselves. Another option out that way would be Grotto. Their pizza isn't anything to rave over, but the lakefront setting is quite romantic!

Old 01-12-2009, 01:28 PM

109 posts, read 366,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
Some good suggestions so far...one of the first places I thought of is La Trattoria on Moosic St. I think they've got really good food, and it's a pretty casual place, but still has some ambiance.

I second Merman Mike on La Trattoria or Faccia luna...both are nice places with some ambiance but no sticker shock.

I also like Alora Room in Peckville (just past Dickson City)...

Sidels in N Scranton is also a good choice

You would probably need reservations for Alora Room or Sidels...also surprisingly...the last time we went to Trattoria they asked us if we had reservations. It must be something new, b/c we never were asked that before, so if you choose them, call for a reservation to be on the safe side. No one likes to stand around waiting for an open table on a first date! I know Faccia Luna only accepts reservations for a larger party.

Have fun!!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,071 times
The first restaurant that came to mind after your description was Bistocchi's in Dunmore. Nice date place, comfortable bar to start, white tableclothes. We kinda tend to forget about some of these OLD nice, great food places. I love the place !!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
I second Rossi's and Harbor House. I'll also say Villa Maria in West Side and Ragnacci's in Dunmore.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
id say starbucks unless you already checked each other out....lol and if you did then id say carmens at the radisson, besides they got the rooms right up stairs

signed, shallow matt

Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,843 times
facia luna on main ave in scranton has fantastic food! and there long island ice tea's arn't so bad either....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania