Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KositaQ View Post
That is exactly what I do not like - the gated community. I know it provides security from outside, but the truth is I do not want to feel very closed once inside either. I see the houses from far when driving around and they look old and very close to one another.

I know there are communities out there that look like the houses have a certain distance from one another and looks more like a housing community or estate than just a look-a-like resort with old run-down homes like the Hideout who I hear charges so much for almost everything. It is too much for a small family (no kids) or a single person even...
I dont know what you seen of the Hideout but yes there are older homes here but there are many new homes too. You obviously havent seen much of our community to make your statement. I live here and I think its a beautiful community. As far as the fees, they might be high to some but we pay it for all the wonderful things we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 05:35 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
Try WLE ; thats not a gated community but but is safe.

d

Old 05-31-2009, 12:15 PM

996 posts, read 3,279,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Try WLE ; thats not a gated community but but is safe.

d
Tanglwood Lakes and Tanglwood North are both nice and security patrolled and non-gated. I'm not sure about any of the fees, but they do have website where you could probably find out more information.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:06 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,903 times
Pocono Springs Estates is a LOVELY community in Newfoundland/Gouldsboro area. It's gated, has nice amenities (pool, lake, clubhouse,) and it's not crowded. Dues are CHEAP, under 1,000 a year.

Masthope is lovely, to be sure...it's kind of remote though.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I dont know what you seen of the Hideout but yes there are older homes here but there are many new homes too. You obviously havent seen much of our community to make your statement. I live here and I think its a beautiful community. As far as the fees, they might be high to some but we pay it for all the wonderful things we have.
Personally, I think The Hideout really gets a bad rap for no real reason. It's a very nice community - fees are high though for some people. I never feel unsafe in there when I go in - EVER. People seem friendly; it's not uncommon for folks to wave to you as you drive by.

The rules and regs can be a little annoying but you'll have that in ANY community.

I like The Hideout...I wouldn't mind living there....if I wanted to live in a development...I'm too much of a rebel and want to do things like paint my house trim whatever color I want without getting permission...lol

Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Tanglwood Lakes and Tanglwood North are both nice and security patrolled and non-gated. I'm not sure about any of the fees, but they do have website where you could probably find out more information.
Tanglwood North by no means has a security force.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
Mayflower Xing in Wilkes Barre is $800 or so for 2 BRs/1 Bth. I never felt unsafe while living their.. not gated community however. Washer and Dryer in the unit w/dishwasher. ** PET FRIENDLY :-) **

I totally agree.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:08 PM

996 posts, read 3,279,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
Tanglwood North by no means has a security force.
I know a woman who works for security in Tanglwood North and lives there. Maybe she has been lying to me.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 PM

I know Tanglwood Lakes has security - I've never seen security of any kind at Tanglwood North, but it could be something new.

Or maybe she lives in Tang North and works at Lakes?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I know a woman who works for security in Tanglwood North and lives there. Maybe she has been lying to me.
Well, that is very interesting because there is NO security in Tanglwood North.........just a couple of volunteers that ride around, no patrol, no uniform, no rules, no fines, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania