Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:21 AM

75 posts, read 154,418 times

Advertisements

....so i've been wanting to come up and spend a few days in NEPA to remenisce(sp?) about my 4 1/2 years up there while I was going to school. During that time, the Woodlands was a place my friends and I went to enjoy some nightlife....we liked to get dressed up in some nice clothes and go there and have a good time...see alot of good-looking, well-dressed people.

Lately, i've been hearing some disturbing things about that place....has it gone downhill? Has it turned into some sort of ghetto-fabulous place that isnt as nice as it used to be? I'd hate for it to happen to that place....the 4 different themed areas were awesome...great place to meet people...i'm hearing about stabbings at club evolution and it being called a "nusiance bar"......say it aint so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:05 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Oh yes, unfortunately it is so. I remember coming to visit friends in Wilkes Barre right around when I first turned 21 (which was 10 yrs. ago...ough ). Then I went last year for the first time in a while after I moved here. That place has changed SO much since then. Now, I won't even go there. The last few times I did go there, we stuck to the downstairs bar and outside bar by the river. That Evolution bar upstairs is baaaad news. Definitely a different crowd than what used to go there....baggy jeans falling down to the ankles, oversized shirts, etc. is the new attire you'll find there.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:51 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENAL670 View Post
....so i've been wanting to come up and spend a few days in NEPA to remenisce(sp?) about my 4 1/2 years up there while I was going to school. During that time, the Woodlands was a place my friends and I went to enjoy some nightlife....we liked to get dressed up in some nice clothes and go there and have a good time...see alot of good-looking, well-dressed people.

Lately, i've been hearing some disturbing things about that place....has it gone downhill? Has it turned into some sort of ghetto-fabulous place that isnt as nice as it used to be? I'd hate for it to happen to that place....the 4 different themed areas were awesome...great place to meet people...i'm hearing about stabbings at club evolution and it being called a "nusiance bar"......say it aint so....
well there are also alot more options now too. Bentley's just opened (it seems like a club/restaraunt complex like the Woodland's, but without the hotel) it looks very impressive, downtown Wilkes-barre has filled up with new clubs and bars, The Mohegan Sun has a few clubs and restaraunts, even if you don't gamble, you can spend a whole night there without even touching a slot machine. Maybe you should check out all the new diggs around the city.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:04 AM

75 posts, read 154,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Oh yes, unfortunately it is so. I remember coming to visit friends in Wilkes Barre right around when I first turned 21 (which was 10 yrs. ago...ough ). Then I went last year for the first time in a while after I moved here. That place has changed SO much since then. Now, I won't even go there. The last few times I did go there, we stuck to the downstairs bar and outside bar by the river. That Evolution bar upstairs is baaaad news. Definitely a different crowd than what used to go there....baggy jeans falling down to the ankles, oversized shirts, etc. is the new attire you'll find there.
I just turned 30 in March so dont feel bad Greeaaattt.....last time i was there was 2003/2004....i moved back to nj in 2004. Sad to see such a nice place go downhill like that. Unfortunately, no one has the balls to do something about it. Its a big problem here too, and when i lived up there, i liked the fact that the Woodlands was one place i could go to to get away from the exact thing it has turned into. I remember the first time i went there, (i didnt know you couldnt) but i had a hat on....they wouldnt let me in the door...not just to Club Evolution, but to ANY of the areas...baggy jeans sagged down to the ankles, oversized shirts, sneakers...also a big no no.....that place has a lot of meaning for me....sad to see it turn into such a s***hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
well there are also alot more options now too. Bentley's just opened (it seems like a club/restaraunt complex like the Woodland's, but without the hotel) it looks very impressive, downtown Wilkes-barre has filled up with new clubs and bars, The Mohegan Sun has a few clubs and restaraunts, even if you don't gamble, you can spend a whole night there without even touching a slot machine. Maybe you should check out all the new diggs around the city.
Yea...when i am up next for an extended time, i'll look into that. Just sucks to see a place turn into garbage like that. I shouldnt have to go "somewhere else" because of riff raff and bs like whats going on at the Woodlands. The riff raff should go somewhere else-that place WAS nice.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:07 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
I really enjoyed a wedding at the Woodlands a couple of years ago. It was very nice and charming........The outdoor area was just an awesome sight. The rocks and falls....gorgeous.
JG also stayed at the Inn this winter and he loved the place. So I think it matters when you go, and
who is there at that time.........

Old 06-21-2009, 12:19 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,651 times
The Woodlands was a meat market, now it's a hell hole. Try Bentley's -
undoubtedly more expensive, but you wouldn't get stabbed or grinded on.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:43 PM

86 posts, read 192,409 times
Showing age here, but over 15 years ago it was a great place. Sounds like the baggy pants/underwear sticking out/hoodlums have taken over another place.....what else is new

Once they start showing up.....no one decent wants to, what a shame

Old 06-21-2009, 08:00 PM

567 posts, read 1,306,542 times
I was at the woodlands on friday-- i saw none of the pants down to the ankles you speakoff... lol it is still a meat market.. but im 22..thats not necessarily a bad thing...

never felt like i was going to be stabbed... or robbed... or beat up.. or anything.. i didnt see a single intimidating-looking person...

and i'd like to be clear.. im not trying to point out that NEPA Residednts are generally over-paranoid for no reason.. (heh)... i sincerely mean the place was a pretty nice night out.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:46 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
I was at the woodlands on friday-- i saw none of the pants down to the ankles you speakoff... .

lol, in Evolution??? Really? Downstairs is a whole different story, but that upstairs club has become thug central....at least the last few times I've been there.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 PM

567 posts, read 1,306,542 times
no no.. not in evolution, we went to the bar below it. lol.. just @ the woodlands in general...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania