Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 04:46 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,352,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
If there was a "straight parade," people would be screaming "BIGOTRY!" And if they ever joined all of the white ethnicities into one celebration, it would be branded racist...and people would be rioting, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be here in a heartbeat.

So basically the same thing that happens with the gay pride parade except the Christians show up there and people scream, "Perversion!"

Old 08-14-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Thank you. Both of your above posts were absolutely correct. Why do liberals automatically assume because we value our traditions and beliefs and just because we don't like or accept something that we're hateful or angry? This simply isn't the case. Not being tolerant of something DOES NOT equal hate. I wish people would see this.

You can value your traditions and values without taking away the rights (or desiring to) of others to assemble in public. (Also the FIRST Amendment to the Constitution)

Old 08-14-2009, 10:30 AM

41 posts, read 240,141 times
Quote:
Thank you. Both of your above posts were absolutely correct. Why do liberals automatically assume because we value our traditions and beliefs and just because we don't like or accept something that we're hateful or angry? This simply isn't the case. Not being tolerant of something DOES NOT equal hate. I wish people would see this.
actually i disagree with you here, If you are intolerant of a group of people than basically you don't like them. The nazi party was intolerant of jews, homosexuals, Jehovah witnesses, handicapped,gypsies, and communistsin in their country in the 30s, took away their rights and of course killed them. The south before the 60s was "intolerant" of blacks in their communites, took away their rights and occasionally killed them. i "tolerate" religions I don't agree with because I know we have rights and freedoms in this country. I have no problem with them holding meetings, festivals or shouting out their beliefs. if you don't agree with something and it's not illegal you should at least tolerate them.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 AM

14 posts, read 19,102 times
Seems to be much ado about nothing. A FEW people demonstrated their disapproval. The majority didn't do or say a thing.

It seems mountains were made out of mole hills.

Then again - the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:55 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,669,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbnurseguy View Post
actually i disagree with you here, If you are intolerant of a group of people than basically you don't like them. The nazi party was intolerant of jews, homosexuals, Jehovah witnesses, handicapped,gypsies, and communistsin in their country in the 30s, took away their rights and of course killed them. The south before the 60s was "intolerant" of blacks in their communites, took away their rights and occasionally killed them. i "tolerate" religions I don't agree with because I know we have rights and freedoms in this country. I have no problem with them holding meetings, festivals or shouting out their beliefs. if you don't agree with something and it's not illegal you should at least tolerate them.
But, I'm a non-violent person. I would never hurt or kill anyone. Maybe I don't like certain individuals, but it's certainly not hate and I don't like them in the privacy of my own home. I don't go down to gay festivals and start name calling or throwing rocks, I just stay away and shake my head.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,669,228 times
Quote:
I've never been to a festival that had free HIV and syphilis testing...
Me neither. That doesn't sound like family fun and a good time for the kiddies now does it? The whole thing is very odd to me.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,961,221 times
Quote:
Me neither. That doesn't sound like family fun and a good time for the kiddies now does it? The whole thing is very odd to me.
I would think it would be a great "teaching" moment...

Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,844,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I would think it would be a great "teaching" moment...
I don't think HIV and syphilis are necessary things to teach toddlers and 2nd graders about....

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think HIV and syphilis are necessary things to teach toddlers and 2nd graders about....
A toddler wouldn't know that booth from an ice cream stand. A second grader? Easy. They are offering tests for diseases. *shrug*

Old 08-14-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
But, I'm a non-violent person. I would never hurt or kill anyone. Maybe I don't like certain individuals, but it's certainly not hate and I don't like them in the privacy of my own home. I don't go down to gay festivals and start name calling or throwing rocks, I just stay away and shake my head.
Here is the important question: do you believe these people have the same rights as you and me? I don't care if you "like" them. Do you believe, as Americans, they are entitled to all the same rights we are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania