Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 06:08 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
OK...Blueberry Story for those who missed it!! Completely off topic but here goes:

My Mom and Dad always went Blueberry picking locally every summer. One year they had visitors from NY who wanted to go also. Coming from an area where they knew a thing or two about picking fresh fruit..the gentleman broke open one of the blueberries....and another and another. In the first 10 blueberries, in at least 8 of them were the tiniest, almost invisible little white worms...just wiggling in there. The skin on the blueberries was perfect.

So ....there you go! THE BLUEBERRY STORY!
Don't ask for my review on the local pizza though!
Aw, you eat lots of bugs every day. Cereals and grains are allowed a certain amount of bug parts per pound. No big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:11 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
Oh I don't know about that.........I won't eat another blueberry without checking MOST of them.
And I adore big, bowls of blueberries.........I'm mortified!!

No answer yet to #284

Old 09-03-2009, 07:00 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,100 times
Quote:
OK...Blueberry Story for those who missed it!! Completely off topic but here goes:

My Mom and Dad always went Blueberry picking locally every summer. One year they had visitors from NY who wanted to go also. Coming from an area where they knew a thing or two about picking fresh fruit..the gentleman broke open one of the blueberries....and another and another. In the first 10 blueberries, in at least 8 of them were the tiniest, almost invisible little white worms...just wiggling in there. The skin on the blueberries was perfect.

OMG...I gobble up blueberries all the time!!! omg I am heading to the bathroom to throw up...OMGGGGG

Old 09-04-2009, 04:51 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
OMG...I gobble up blueberries all the time!!! omg I am heading to the bathroom to throw up...OMGGGGG
Again, in our normal food supply you eat a lot of bugs everyday and just don't know it. Besides, they are low fat protein - no big deal.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:30 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Quote:

I will never consume another blueberry without cutting it in half first now....Thanks ILOVEPA!!

Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 AM

ME either..........I just told hubby that.........and he is hysterical. I eat bowls of blueberries, love em'..........but........Worms! we are talkin' worms! I almost joined roxxy big time. Yuck.......

Hey, who is 284 it is a hard one........so comeon' work on it.......Roasting going on....research, research.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:31 PM

New Person Roast...

"First on my list would be a small park and a playground"
" I kinda wish I didn't feel the civic responsibility to vote."
" My brain is drained"
"Clearly these are two ridges that surround one long valley."
" The valley created by glaciers...The Susquehanna just happened to drop into it for a run"
" I was in the busy, bizarre, and rather useless world of Turkey Hill the other night......"
" Ha, ha, we should just ban photos in public places"

Who might I be?

Old 09-04-2009, 07:32 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,768,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Again, in our normal food supply you eat a lot of bugs everyday and just don't know it. Besides, they are low fat protein - no big deal.
Beleive it or not...the man who discovered the blueberries said you'd rathter have the worms than have them spraying the fruit with insectide.

I saw the worms myself...it was REALLY gross...tiny as a white hair...just sticking out and wiggling...a few in each.....

Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Must be your Pittston accent!!!
They always say in Sarasota...are you from the Bronx or Brooklyn.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
New Person Roast...

"First on my list would be a small park and a playground"
" I kinda wish I didn't feel the civic responsibility to vote."
" My brain is drained"
"Clearly these are two ridges that surround one long valley."
" The valley created by glaciers...The Susquehanna just happened to drop into it for a run"
" I was in the busy, bizarre, and rather useless world of Turkey Hill the other night......"
" Ha, ha, we should just ban photos in public places"

Who might I be?
At least I'm winning for the most WRONG guesses....blip???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania