Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:08 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
One type of pizza I wish I could find in NEPA is thin-crust Chicago style pizza (no, not the deep dish pizza that Chicago is more well known for.) Its round with a cery thin crust and is cut into squares. I've had it in Indiana and its great....a welcome break from either NY style or Old Forge pizza.
yummo! If you find it let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 01:13 PM

Oh yeah on topic BUOANAS ON LACK.AVE!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
One type of pizza I wish I could find in NEPA is thin-crust Chicago style pizza (no, not the deep dish pizza that Chicago is more well known for.) Its round with a very thin crust and is cut into squares. I've had it in Indiana and its great....a welcome break from either NY style or Old Forge pizza.
My neighbor came back with Chicago Pizza from Chicago ( don't know how he shipped it) and gave us one........
I did get up to Scranton and try the Pizza everyone seems to love by Dicks.......
That was ok.......emmm....so,so.
MY favorite Pizza right now is New York Pizza Girl on 115 in Effort. ( If the right guy is in he gives tons of wonderful cheese).........The sauce is good too.
The crust thin and crunchy.........emmmmgoood.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:27 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,246 times
I had New York style Pizza in NYC, @ what used to be Angelo's, next to the Ed Sullivan Theater. It was good, but I don't think it was any better than Napolitano's....that is hands down the best pizza I ever had in my LIFE, apart from some home made pizza a friend of mine (who was born in Italy) made w/ fresh plum tomatoes, homemade crust, and home made mozzarella and cooked over an open fire...oh dear me that was like dying and going to heaven.

Old Forge lovers: Lake Region IGA just outside of Hawley also has Old Forge Pizza that is partially cooked for you to take home and finish cooking.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,650 times
I hate to say this but you can get reallllllly bad pizza in NYC. Being that you have many pizzerias you dont always find good pizza. I can name about 5 places that make good pizza. But I found good pizza here in NEPA too.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,026 times

Old 10-01-2009, 07:22 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
My neighbor came back with Chicago Pizza from Chicago ( don't know how he shipped it) and gave us one........
I did get up to Scranton and try the Pizza everyone seems to love by Dicks.......
That was ok.......emmm....so,so.
MY favorite Pizza right now is New York Pizza Girl on 115 in Effort. ( If the right guy is in he gives tons of wonderful cheese).........The sauce is good too.
The crust thin and crunchy.........emmmmgoood.
Summering did you ever get to try Bascilicos Pizza in Dickson City? I like their pizza the best here in NEPA.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
OK I'll bite. CT pizza is the best, but sitting on 'the boards' in NJ and enjoying a hot just out of oven slice of Maruca's is pretty good too. For all who enjoy continuing the great pizza debate here is a site you might enjoy

The Best Pizza in the World in the East (U.S) from pizzatherapy.com

oh, and I've also enjoyed Old Forge, New York, and Chicago style pizza too!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:11 PM

41 posts, read 211,512 times
Talking best pizza in pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudNative View Post
OK, you know what, this remark is just rude and insulting.

And this is why "old timers" tell people like YOU to go back to where you came from. And what's funny is that probably a good portion of the pizza places around here are owned by PEOPLE WHO ORIGINALLY CAME FROM NEW YORK.

Every day at my work, during lunch break, this one "Long Island Lassie" would go on and on and on about how this stinks here, that stinks here, she's not letting these hick doctors touch her, the bagels are lousy, the coffee is lousy, she has to go "back home" to find a good dentist, there's nothing to do here, blah blah blah...

I got sick of it. This is MY HOME and I really get tired of so called "high class" people MOVING HERE and then DISSING the place.

I told her, and I'll tell you - if it's not good enough for you, you are MORE than encouraged - you are in fact BEGGED - to go back to your New York Utopia where things are OH so much BETTER.
WOW DUDE LIGHTEN UP..I WAS TELLING MY STORY HERE...MY EXPERIENCES....CALM DOWN AND TAKE ONE OF UR HEART PILLS......:sma ck::smac k::smack :

Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by design123 View Post
WOW DUDE LIGHTEN UP..I WAS TELLING MY STORY HERE...MY EXPERIENCES....CALM DOWN AND TAKE ONE OF UR HEART PILLS......:sma ck::smac k::smack :
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania