Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

On topic: Simply put, I think this rate increase sucks. What a horrible time for it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 09:23 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
On topic: Simply put, I think this rate increase sucks. What a horrible time for it....
I tried to Rep you for both posts but was told to spread it around! Heres your rep .

Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
It's not passive aggressive AT ALL and when I said "the government" I meant THE GOVERNMENT. If I had meant OBAMA I would have said OBAMA.

It's MUCH BIGGER than ANY ONE PERSON.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 PM

904 posts, read 2,055,364 times
Electricity seems cheap here. Have prices been regulated by the state government, and has something with that changed to allow for this increase?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
Electricity seems cheap here. Have prices been regulated by the state government, and has something with that changed to allow for this increase?
This is the first time I had to pay for electric heat and I find the prices high. When I first moved to Pa. about 15 months ago it was on the news that the prices of electricity is going up 30 percent by 2010. So this wasnt a surprise to me.

PPL even sent out notices that asked if anyone wanted to pay into the increase at that time to lessen their future bills.

I dont really know what the change is that caused this increase, I just cannot understand why its such a large increase.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:41 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
this is what happened. The state had a decade long cap on electricity rates keeping them artificially low for alot longer then they should have been. the caps expire in december and the utilities made their case that they can no longer produce power and transmit it at those decade old prices.

except for a energy surcharge they say they havent had an increase since 1995.

the power auctions where ppl buys power charges todays prices and not those of a decade ago .

im not saying its right or wrong folks im just repeating to you the why.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
this is what happened. The state had a decade long cap on electricity rates keeping them artificially low for alot longer then they should have been. the caps expire in december and the utilities made their case that they can no longer produce power and transmit it at those decade old prices.

except for a energy surcharge they say they havent had an increase since 1995.

the power auctions where ppl buys power charges todays prices and not those of a decade ago .

im not saying its right or wrong folks im just repeating to you the why.
Thanks! I actually knew that but forgot...alzheimers is getting me

Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
It's not passive aggressive AT ALL and when I said "the government" I meant THE GOVERNMENT. If I had meant OBAMA I would have said OBAMA.

It's MUCH BIGGER than ANY ONE PERSON.

Well since Pubbies are so fond of calling Obama the Dems' savior, forgive us if that is how it sounds....

Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
I'm not a REPUBLICAN. Please stop making assumptions about me and take what I say at face value. I say what I mean and mean what I say - I do not pussyfoot or make innuendos.

And I always forgive when there is a sincere apology.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:28 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Just wait. It will only get better.

Or maybe the government can become the savior and get involved in utilities as well as health care.
Agree; it is Obama's fault.

For residential customers, at this time I think there is only one other alternative, Dominion. They are offering 10% off PPL's actual elec prices but we still pay the same for transmission costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania