Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:26 AM

273 posts, read 957,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
I always check with the state and county first and see if the answers I get from the doctor come anywhere close to what I found out then I wont have anything to do with them.

You only need to get burned once. Luckily for me I lived to learn the lesson. In other instances with doctors (not necessarily a specific reference) the outcome has been catastrophic or worse yet deadly.
How do you check with state/county or get any other objective info for that matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
Quote:
I go to Philly for OB/GYN visits. I would not let one in this area touch me. I got burned big time locally and they are so behind the times here. Nothing cutting edge, not up on new treatments.
Oh brother. The old "I won't let these hick doctors touch me so I go to the big city" BS. Sorry...the doctors here are just as good as in Philly and NY. Being in a big city does not make one a better doctor (or any other profession for that matter).

I thought you were all "rah rah Scranton?" I guess its medical community isn't good enough for you though.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:14 AM

947 posts, read 1,644,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Oh brother. The old "I won't let these hick doctors touch me so I go to the big city" BS. Sorry...the doctors here are just as good as in Philly and NY. Being in a big city does not make one a better doctor (or any other profession for that matter).

I thought you were all "rah rah Scranton?" I guess its medical community isn't good enough for you though.
Ah, no I do see some doctors here but I have learned that in the OB/GYN field th,is area is severely lacking. They are 20 years behind the times.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyz View Post
How do you check with state/county or get any other objective info for that matter?
Check the newpaper archives, go to the courthouse and check with the board of health. There is also a registry with the state to check lawsuits filed against doctors but it's been years since I have had to use it and I no longer remember how to get to the site.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I too check records, but law suits are not always an indication of anything other than we live in a law suit happy nation. I checked his record, and met him, we discussed my concerns and he was very forthcoming, as much as he legally was able to do so.

I have been very happy with being his patient. I will not drive 2-3 hours for an annual pap and pelvic...God forbid, should I need further care, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. If something is wrong with these tests...I will have the lab re-check, because sometimes it is the lab results that lead to improper treatment...just food for thought
I hear what you are saying about labs. I am talking about things that go way beyond labs. As much as legally possible? Much of it is public record. I also know somoene who was happy being his patient and trusted him that is until she died. Oh, btw, that lawsuit was big news in NEPA since it was the largest judgement against a doctor in the county at the time (98-99). Not all lawsuits are frivolous.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:22 PM

148 posts, read 265,760 times
Quote:
You may want to check his medical record. Nice doesn't mean good and I don't think he is nice at all, quite the contrary.,
He is a doctor at my sister's hospital, and his record if just fine. Thank you for your concern.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 PM

148 posts, read 265,760 times
[quote=loveinbloom;12033085]I too check records, but law suits are not always an indication of anything other than we live in a law suit happy nation. I checked his record, and met him, we discussed my concerns and he was very forthcoming, as much as he legally was able to do so.

My thoughts excatly!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
He is a doctor at my sister's hospital, and his record if just fine. Thank you for your concern.
To each his own. I'll pray you don't ever have a ob/gyn related problem. If you do you gonna need every one you can get.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
You seem like you have an axe to grind with him, his care of me has be above board, timely and always professional.
I heard he was good too

Old 12-16-2009, 09:43 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post

When i moved from Jersey to here i was scared to death to change pediatricians, i even drove in to Jersey to keep my Dr, but due to the fact my one son is severely disabled and needed alot of medical care i couldn't keep driving into Jersey, so i found a pediatrician up here and he was just fine with my son and if he couldn't figure it out he sent him to Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. Over the years my son needed alot of medical care, he was very sick, and the Dr's up here were fine with him. Actually he got better care in this state than he did in Jersey and believe me i love Jersey, but the Dr's there didn't seem to care, one Dr we took him to there when he was 3 months old told us to forget about him, and concentrate on our other kids because he wouldn't live to be a year old anyway. I do recommend medical care in Scranton, they're alot of great Dr's and if they can't figure it out, they send you to Philly anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania