Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 PM

18 posts, read 50,334 times

Advertisements

Hi

We are looking at NVHomes near chantilly (Bannockburn Ter, Chantilly, VA 20152). The location of these homes is on intersection between route 50 and loudoun county parkway. Wanted to know

- How is the school district in this area (elementary, Middle school)
- Community in this location
- How is the commute from here to Herndon and to Tyson corner

Would really appreciate your opinions and time

Thank you
MK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 AM

84 posts, read 202,006 times
South Riding area is nice. I believe your kids will be going to Mercer Middle or Stone Hill Middle in Loudoun County. Both schools are awesome (I know teched teachers at both). Not sure which elementary schools they will go to but in my experience working within LCPS all their schools are top notch.

The community is really nice. Pretty wealthy area. Low crime. South Riding is an all inclusive subdivision with its own schools/shopping/dining/services. I also like the area because you are only a few minutes east of the country side with having the advantages of being close enough to all the services one would need. There is a coffee shop (Daily Grind) that serves a great gelato in that area. You are also a few minutes away from Brambleton Town Center which has a movie theatre, Harris Teeters, Caribou Coffee, Subway, etc..etc....etc..... South Riding plaza has a Giant, Home Depot, tons of food choices, etc....

The commute on rt50 and rt28 stink. I would suggest taking 50 to Centerville road as an alternative to getting to Herndon. I would also suggest Old Ox road to the Dulles toll road. You can use that to get to Tysons as well....but Tysons is under total road construction for the next year or 2 thanks to Metro so it gets nasty around the beltway. You can find backroads through Fairfax that will get you to tysons as well.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:05 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,513,808 times
The only problem child among the LCPS schools is Park View and you wouldn't be going there. Do a Google on Loudoun County Public Schools locator and you will find an app that will determine the ES/MS/HS for you.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia