Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:07 PM

87 posts, read 338,069 times

Advertisements

Both English and American make great family pets. We have an American, and he's actually a very mellow puppy (5 months now). American's are field dogs, and do need to run - we take ours to the dog park weekly so he can get any pent up energy out. Even then, he's a wandering dog. Just walks here and there, not so hyper.

We were referred to Pioneer Retriever Kennels by a coworker. They were very friendly, and I did like them. We ended up going up North to get ours, as I fell in love with a little yellow male up there. I would have gone with Pioneer though, as they gave me a great impression.

Insurance is a hit or miss. I know people that paid for it and never needed it, and others that didn't have it and needed it. Personally, I don't have it for either of my dogs. I did consider it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 12:13 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
thanks all, we're set, found a breeder and puppy
Where'd you end up going, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:53 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,456,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Where'd you end up going, if you don't mind me asking?
given that I already have the puppy and its a litlte late for someone to tell me they hate this breeder I will PM you their info if you're interested.

I did contact Blackmoor Labs but they didn't have anything available until spring.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:12 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
given that I already have the puppy and its a litlte late for someone to tell me they hate this breeder I will PM you their info if you're interested.

I did contact Blackmoor Labs but they didn't have anything available until spring.
I just like to keep tabs on where good breeders in the area are--this question comes up fairly frequently on various messageboards. If you found a good one, maybe someone else can benefit. I'm not trying to be sneaky.

That doesn't surprise me about Blackamoor. Generally (though not always) responsible breeders have wait lists for their puppies. They don't breed until they know that there is a home waiting for every potential puppy. Sometimes things fall through with a reserved home, so every once in a while you can get a puppy sooner, but it usually takes at least 2-3 months.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:32 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,446 times
As long as you liked the breeder - who cares what someone else thinks? And the info might benefit someone else.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 AM

I am more than happy to share the breeders name and info via PM if anyone is interested. I have had the puppy for 48 hours so I can't make a judgement yet, only that all is great so far. When I have had her for longer, I'd be happy to come back here and publish the name of the breeder.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 AM

648 posts, read 1,333,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Take a look at Blackamoor Labs in Mason Neck.

Blackamoor Labradors

Gotta throw a line in for Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder too though. There are over 30,000 labs and lab mixes listed on there right now looking for homes

Old 02-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Just bumpin because people were asking where we ended up getting our lab puppy. She is now 5 months and we LOVE her more than anything. She is absolutely perfect in every way. Gorgeous, outgoing, healthy, smart, just a great great lab. The breeder is Crystal Kennels in Winchester, VA.
Crystal Kennels - Frederick County, Virginia

Highly recommend this breeder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia