Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 12:43 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterjohn View Post
I see this as a terrible thing. Being a very attractive straight male who lives within 1000ft of So Addictive, I am worried. Will I be able to walk around my neibhorhood without hearing catcalls and being made to feel like a sex object form the hordes of Gay people overrunning Herndon?? Will Herndon become a gay mecca, attracting mazda driving snappy dressers from places as far away as Lorton?? Will it be safe for my kids to walk to Dairy Queen without trying to be converted? Also, how will the other people in downtown react? How will the drunks at Jimmy's react to having a gay bar next door. Will their manhood feel threatened, will they feel uncomfortable? And if so, what happens after they do a dozen or so shots of Tequila??? And if melee breaks out on the corner, how would the Irish react? Have you ever seen an Irishman not get involved with a fight. Also, So Addictive used to be a black bar, how safe will our streats be with gangs of displaced black Gov't contractors wandering around looking for a new place to hear gansta rap. Will it be YOUR hangout that they take over!! How will the police react, will they pull over every mazda and new beetle on eldon st? If so, will this clog up our court system as everyone who gets a ticket claims profiling? (not that herndon police would profile)

I have heard rumors that they plan on having metal mondays? What is a straight metal head to do, finally a bar has 1 night of good hard rock, and it turns out to be the gay mecca? Would a straight guy dare to go in? Should he wear a sandwich board proclaiming his straightness? Would it be enough. What would happen if a drunk homosexual had a cell phone and posted a video on youtube? Would security clearences be revoked? Would straight people be labled gay and get kicked out of thier conservative social groups??? Would they feel an impulse to buy a new beetle????

The only good thing I see in all this is that it will all end in Dec 2012
Is this a joke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 PM

554 posts, read 976,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Is this a joke?
yes

Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterjohn View Post
yes
Well done!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:04 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,616,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Do I dare ask why would a ton of Hispanics make you feel eerie? It is 2011 after all.
Try going to the 7-11 on Elden street with 100 hispanic men standing outside staring at you as u enter and as you leave. Nothing wrong with hispanics I have plenty of hispanic friends but c'mon man.. it is eerie.. go over there and try it I bet you will feel the same way!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,961,642 times
I am in that area very frequently and I have never seen more than 8-10 men at that 7-11 and they have all been very polite. I have never been there late at night so I can't speak for the late night crowd, that may be different. When do you go to that 7-11? Your location says Centreville.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:09 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,308,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Trust me. If I could "chose" to like women I'd already have asked cdmurphy out on a date because she's exactly my type! (Ducks stelletos being chucked by half the women on this sub-forum!)
Only if your type is married, almost forty, fat, with two children. And loves NoVA!

Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
only if your type is married, almost forty, fat, with two children. And loves nova! :d
lmao!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,087,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
Try going to the 7-11 on Elden street with 100 hispanic men standing outside staring at you as u enter and as you leave. Nothing wrong with hispanics I have plenty of hispanic friends but c'mon man.. it is eerie.. go over there and try it I bet you will feel the same way!
That 7-11 has had day workers for a long time (10+ yrs)? And yes, they gather and wait, sometimes in large groups, waiting for possible employment from people who drive up and hire for the day. For the unknowing driver, it could freak them out to have a group of men stare at you and run right up to your car as you pull in thinking you're there to pick them up.

I believe this 7-11 was in the news a few years back when the immigration issue became hot and heavy in this area. A news team came to film them, a state trooper pulled up, and a Minuteman confronted the trooper about arresting all of the men (which of course, did not happen). Meanwhile, the men were in the background looking on and laughing.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,616,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margery View Post
I am in that area very frequently and I have never seen more than 8-10 men at that 7-11 and they have all been very polite. I have never been there late at night so I can't speak for the late night crowd, that may be different. When do you go to that 7-11? Your location says Centreville.
If you read my original response to this thread then you would have read that I lived in Herndon for a year, and I did one time make the mistake of going into this 7-11.. I have seen way more than 8-10 at this location before.. I would say closer to 20-30.. 100 is a bit of an overstatement but just saying. Polite? Maybe.. but still a bit on the uncomfortable side for the average person. And btw just because someone lives in Centreville dosnt mean they dont frequent other areas (such as for work). So why do you go to that 7-11? I mean afterall you do live in Sterling!

Last edited by Teebyrd86; 01-13-2011 at 07:34 PM..

Old 01-14-2011, 06:20 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,961,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
If you read my original response to this thread then you would have read that I lived in Herndon for a year, and I did one time make the mistake of going into this 7-11.. I have seen way more than 8-10 at this location before.. I would say closer to 20-30.. 100 is a bit of an overstatement but just saying. Polite? Maybe.. but still a bit on the uncomfortable side for the average person. And btw just because someone lives in Centreville dosnt mean they dont frequent other areas (such as for work). So why do you go to that 7-11? I mean afterall you do live in Sterling!
100 is more than a "bit" of an overstatement. As I mentioned in my reply I have never been there at night, it may be different then. I am in Herndon frequently showing houses and often on Alabama avenue and other areas off Elden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia