Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:06 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,858,780 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I'll let you know on Monday. I work at the annex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 11:14 AM

I just did a quick google search and yes, it appears that the L'enfant shuttle still runs. I knew it had been running but wanted to just verify. If you do a google search with these key words:
"dia bolling afb l'enfant"

Click on your first link which was the FAQ for summer interns or something like that for 2011. Scroll 3/4 of the way down to view public transportation and it shows the shuttle from Anacostia and L'enfant.

Here is what it says:

Q: Is my work location accessible by public transportation?

A: Yes, the locations in the Pentagon and in the Clarendon area of Arlington, VA are directly accessible by subway (Metro). The locations in the Defense
Intelligence Analysis Center (DIAC) on Bolling Air Force Base are accessible via a DIA shuttle from the Anacostia and L’Enfant Plaza Metro Stations. The shuttle runs continuously during rush hour on weekdays. Shuttle riders must have the required identification badges. For new employees, you must carry a copy of your offer letter and picture ID to gain access to the shuttle and base.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:44 PM

36 posts, read 110,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonter16 View Post
I just did a quick google search and yes, it appears that the L'enfant shuttle still runs. I knew it had been running but wanted to just verify. If you do a google search with these key words:

Click on your first link which was the FAQ for summer interns or something like that for 2011. Scroll 3/4 of the way down to view public transportation and it shows the shuttle from Anacostia and L'enfant.

Here is what it says:

A: Yes, the locations in the Pentagon and in the Clarendon area of Arlington, VA are directly accessible by subway (Metro). The locations in the Defense
Intelligence Analysis Center (DIAC) on Bolling Air Force Base are accessible via a DIA shuttle from the Anacostia and L’Enfant Plaza Metro Stations. The shuttle runs continuously during rush hour on weekdays. Shuttle riders must have the required identification badges. For new employees, you must carry a copy of your offer letter and picture ID to gain access to the shuttle and base.
NICE! I think this may save a little bit of time..

Old 06-26-2011, 06:25 PM

It may at least make things less of a hassle. The less you have to switch trains the more you can just relax during the commute.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:05 PM

30 posts, read 84,813 times
Quote:

Here is what it says:

Thanks for the info! I'll have to figure out which works better with my husband riding the bus from Purcellville or Leesburg.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:30 AM

798 posts, read 2,729,218 times
Quote:

Here is what it says:

I might have missed it but will he be working at DIA? When I was over at Bolling, only DIA employees could use this bus. I know a few folks who thought that the "required ID badge: mentioned above was a military ID or CAC card but it was your DIA badge.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 AM

I'm assuming he'll be working at the DIAC and can take the bus to Bolling since he said he could from Anacostia.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 AM

I said I would verify the above (though it came off current Internet information) and I did here at work. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from L'enfant beginning at 6:40am - 10am. I didn't check when it started in the afternoon but it does run.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I said I would verify the above (though it came off current Internet information) and I did here at work. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from L'enfant beginning at 6:40am - 10am. I didn't check when it started in the afternoon but it does run.
NICE!!! I will be working at DIA so that will work out.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:37 PM

Just following up.. A couple months later I am leasing on base (if you work at the DIAC, you can see my house).

HOWEVER - last week I started looking at houses again. The townhouses on base do not give you a whole lot for the $ - only the convenience of living on base (which of course should be taken into consideration).

Still looking in Prince William & MAYBE Stafford Counties (Stafford may be too far), so if anyone has anything in mind, please speak up! I did look at a couple places in Woodbridge, but really need to find something we REALLY like to go through the hassle (breaking lease, moving all of our stuff [2nd time in 3 months], commuting rather than walking, etc). In the end I am sure it will be rewarding to own - maybe maybe make a $ or 2 if we move in 3 years..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia