Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times

Advertisements

I am so glad this forum exists since I know nobody in Springfield. I just moved into my new townhouse this weekend and couldn't be happier!

Anyway, being new to the Springfield area, I don't know the good places to get takeout/delivery food. In fact, I had a hard time finding things in general (mainly because the area where I live, where Old Keen Mill Road meets 95) is packed with stores and also confusing to navigate for a newbie.

I found a few places, including Mike's (of the Great American Restaurant Chain) and a lot of fast food places like McD's and Subway, but I am at a loss for other good dining in the area. I also went the other way, towards Burke, and found a Glory Days, Panera, and an Anita's Mexican place.

Mainly I am interested in take-out and delivery (pizza, Chinese, sandwiches, etc)---especially since I often have friends over to place cards or watch movies and it's easy just to get delivery. But it would be great to know where some nice, causal sitdown places (similar to Mike's in casualness--but different types of food). I would welcome your favorites of all food and dining styles!

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:38 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,882 times
Szechuan Star in Springfield is one of my favorites and just recently got voted as one of the top 100 Chinese restaurants in all of the USA; staff is friendly and food is awesome!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,602,631 times
Springfield is a bit sparse for choices in what I would call higher-end casual dining. That's part of the reason Mike's is always packed. A couple of miles north on Backlick Road on Hechinger Drive is a nice Korean restaurant called Gamalsot. This is more a soup & stew type place than a Korean grill. Silver Diner, on the Springfield Mall side of the highway on Franconia Road, is a local chain that recently upgraded it's menu. I don't know that either of these do delivery but probably will do carryout.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM

1,534 posts, read 3,725,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Szechuan Star in Springfield is one of my favorites and just recently got voted as one of the top 100 Chinese restaurants in all of the USA; staff is friendly and food is awesome!
Where is this in Springfield?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,404,942 times
Congratulations on your new home, jillabean! Not sure what part of Springfield is convenient for you, but here are a few places:

Malek's (pizza, Greek, Italian, salads), corner of Commerce and Old Keene Mill Road. Delicious food.

A Thai restaurant opened recently in the Whole Foods shopping center, as well as a place called Victor's Grill. Behind Whole Foods you'll find Panera, Boardwalk Burgers (also new--it looks like a fun place), an Italian restaurant (I forget the name), and a middle eastern food/dessert market. The parking lot is accessible from Bauer (adjacent to the post office).

Behind Einstein Bagels at Rolling Road/Old Keene Mill Road, there's an Afghan restaurant and a Chinese takeout. Old Keene Mill Road and Burke Centre Parkway shopping center (with a beautiful Safeway store) has Glory Days, a Swiss bakery, Quiznos, a Chinese restaurant/takeout, and a few other places.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,318,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post

A Thai restaurant opened recently in the Whole Foods shopping center, as well as a place called Victor's Grill. Behind Whole Foods you'll find Panera, Boardwalk Burgers (also new--it looks like a fun place), an Italian restaurant (I forget the name), and a middle eastern food/dessert market. The parking lot is accessible from Bauer (adjacent to the post office).
I think Milano's is the name of the Italian restaurant you are thinking of.
Austin Grill is also in the front. It's not bad.

I don't think there is a Boardwalk Burgers there. BGR Burger Joint just opened though, but I wouldn't recommend it or Victor's.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFish View Post
Where is this in Springfield?

In the Bradlick shopping center, corner Braddock rd. and Backlick

Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
There's always 5 Guys off of Backlick. I do like the rotisserie chicken at Poco's? Not sure if that is the correct name. It's located near the Springfield Mall at the corner of Franconia and Louisdale road.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,404,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I don't think there is a Boardwalk Burgers there. BGR Burger Joint just opened though, but I wouldn't recommend it or Victor's.
Between Panera and the Tuesday Morning store, there was a surfboard-style sign that said "Boardwalk Burgers--Fresh Burgers and Fries." It looked like a place that might be found in coastal California. At least, the sign was there last week! Did the owners have to change the name from Boardwalk Burgers to BGR Burger Joint?

I try to be extra careful when posting in NoVA restaurant/food threads. Don't want to end up in a massive food fight.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:48 AM

393 posts, read 1,202,700 times
House of Dynasty has wonderful Chinese food. They offer take-out, too. They're not in Springfield; they're in Hayfield, but that's close enough to where you are. I'm in Springfield, too, and scoot over there as often as I can. House of Dynasty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia