Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:06 PM

628 posts, read 1,934,000 times

Advertisements

Scheduled to open in the spring in the Rolling Valley Shopping Center on Old Keene Mill Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,697,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statecollege View Post
Scheduled to open in the spring in the Rolling Valley Shopping Center on Old Keene Mill Rd.
IHOP Comes to Burke - Burke, VA Patch

Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
There's a Burger King in that plaza? I never knew that.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:07 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,318,548 times
Hahaha holy carp! I'd like to prefice that I lived next to RVM (same name as the mall from Back to The Future btw) for 18 years. And in that 18 years the only new anything that ever happened was Shiro (which actually is a fairly decent hibachi place) and the constant shifting between being a Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx, who knows what it is now.

That entire strip mall needs to be torn down and something more logical be done to reinvigorate that regions commerce. There are a lot of military retired and fairly well off, and more established, families in that region. Tear down the whole thing and put in a new vibe towncenter (not like reston, more like FFX Corner) with a nice gym, movie theater (closest one is probably Springfield mall for gods sake), keep some restaurants but add a couple also... even if it is a chain place, maybe throw in a nice central lawn and plaza for concerts and picnics and encourage a weekend farmers market open to residents (everyone I know in Burke has pretty nice backyards and a lot of people tend really nice gardens). You could bring back the feel of a main street instead of having endless parking for a Shoppers that no one goes to. You can put parking in a structure and put the buildings close to the sidewalk network that is in place along Shiflett and promote people coming to walk around. I used to have to take the backwoods way to get to RVM through a hole in a chain link fence because you can't get from Keene Mill Village there along Old Keene Mill.

Come on Burke, ask for more!

I mean the options are limitless, Burke could be so much more than a place for an IHOP but right now... its just.... its Burke. People need to understand you can keep an area family friendly but also update it and get rid of areas that frankly are underutilized and run down.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Hahaha holy carp! I'd like to prefice that I lived next to RVM (same name as the mall from Back to The Future btw) for 18 years. And in that 18 years the only new anything that ever happened was Shiro (which actually is a fairly decent hibachi place) and the constant shifting between being a Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx, who knows what it is now.

That entire strip mall needs to be torn down and something more logical be done to reinvigorate that regions commerce. There are a lot of military retired and fairly well off, and more established, families in that region. Tear down the whole thing and put in a new vibe towncenter (not like reston, more like FFX Corner) with a nice gym, movie theater (closest one is probably Springfield mall for gods sake), keep some restaurants but add a couple also... even if it is a chain place, maybe throw in a nice central lawn and plaza for concerts and picnics and encourage a weekend farmers market open to residents (everyone I know in Burke has pretty nice backyards and a lot of people tend really nice gardens). You could bring back the feel of a main street instead of having endless parking for a Shoppers that no one goes to. You can put parking in a structure and put the buildings close to the sidewalk network that is in place along Shiflett and promote people coming to walk around. I used to have to take the backwoods way to get to RVM through a hole in a chain link fence because you can't get from Keene Mill Village there along Old Keene Mill.

Come on Burke, ask for more!

I mean the options are limitless, Burke could be so much more than a place for an IHOP but right now... its just.... its Burke. People need to understand you can keep an area family friendly but also update it and get rid of areas that frankly are underutilized and run down.
I've worked near there for 19 years and have lived in W.Springfield for about 3. I still can't picture there being a BK over there. My wife can't either. Where is it? I didn't realize until a week ago that there was a Dollar Tree. That plaza is out of sight, out of mind. Didn't Shiro close?

There's no theater at Springfield Mall that I know of.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,318,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I've worked near there for 19 years and have lived in W.Springfield for about 3. I still can't picture there being a BK over there. My wife can't either. Where is it? I didn't realize until a week ago that there was a Dollar Tree. That plaza is out of sight, out of mind. Didn't Shiro close?

There's no theater at Springfield Mall that I know of.
Wha? Of course theres a movie theater at Springfield Mall its at entrance #1 near bennigans?

I have no idea where the BK is to be honest, it could be next to the pizza hut on the back side, but I've never seen it there. In fact the only BK i remember is all the way down 644 near Cardinal Plaza. Is the subway and MCd still there near the pho place?

Shiro closed? jeeeez that was the only decent thing there. Yea that place needs to be torn down immediately. I mean for a 20 million dollar investment (not absurd for most commercial real estate developers) that entire center could become a cash cow. Its perfectly located near a ton of residential and pohick yada yada.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Wha? Of course theres a movie theater at Springfield Mall its at entrance #1 near bennigans?

I have no idea where the BK is to be honest, it could be next to the pizza hut on the back side, but I've never seen it there. In fact the only BK i remember is all the way down 644 near Cardinal Plaza. Is the subway and MCd still there near the pho place?

Shiro closed? jeeeez that was the only decent thing there. Yea that place needs to be torn down immediately. I mean for a 20 million dollar investment (not absurd for most commercial real estate developers) that entire center could become a cash cow. Its perfectly located near a ton of residential and pohick yada yada.
There is a McD's over by Safeway.
Did theaters reopen at the mall? There is no Bennigans.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:43 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,677,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I've worked near there for 19 years and have lived in W.Springfield for about 3. I still can't picture there being a BK over there. My wife can't either. Where is it?

Maybe it's one of the storefront type BKs?

There was one like that in the WalMart shopping center on Burke Centre Pkwy. I didn't know it was there and apparently few others did...it's a 7-11 now.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:57 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,677,126 times
Quote:
...Shiro closed? jeeeez that was the only decent thing there. Yea that place needs to be torn down immediately. I mean for a 20 million dollar investment (not absurd for most commercial real estate developers) that entire center could become a cash cow. Its perfectly located near a ton of residential and pohick yada yada.

$20 million to replace RVM with some vibin' town center concept?

That's ridiculous. My sister and I spent close to 3 mil on a facelift for our aging strip center! What you're talking about would would easily be in the hundreds of millions....and it's not easy to borrow that kind of money these days, especially on high risk projects.

RVM probably earns a very nice return for it's owners, as does ours. If our heirs want to change the "vibe" at some point in the future, they can have at it...sis and I are just going to keep collecting rent checks...thank you.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:30 PM

160 posts, read 279,516 times
It is a storefront BK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia