Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 04:20 PM

979 posts, read 1,776,306 times

Advertisements

I live in Sterling and am looking for a Brazilian Steakhouse (or similar) nearby. Are Texas de Brazil in Fairfax and Chima in Tyson's really the closest options? I recently moved here from Woodbridge, and we had the Charbroil Grill. I thought if Woodbridge had something, surely the Sterling/Reston/Herndon/Ashburn area would as well, but maybe not. I eat low-carb, so a restaurant with an array of meats served tableside is a dream!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 05:02 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,318,548 times
There used to be Malibu Grill but thats gone now too. What about over at Dulles Town Center? I refuse to believe Ashburn wouldnt have something

Old 07-21-2012, 08:19 AM

979 posts, read 1,776,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
There used to be Malibu Grill but thats gone now too. What about over at Dulles Town Center? I refuse to believe Ashburn wouldnt have something
That's what I thought, too. I Googled and couldn't find anything. Dulles Town Center has the Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's and a bunch of little sattellite chain restaurants around it (Red Robin, Longhorn, Green Turtle, etc.), but I don't see any sign of a Brazilian steakhouse type place. Chima is beyond my budget (and dress code ). The Charboirl Grill is great because it's only about 20 bucks a person (more that I would spend every day, but not bad considering what you get), but Sterling to Woodbridge for dinner is not exactly just a hop, skip, and a jump.

Oh, well, I was hoping someone here might know something Google didn't.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:41 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Dulles Town Center doesn't have anything like that and neither does Ashburn. The closest really is in Tysons.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times
texas de brazil in fair oaks mall is delicious

Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,459,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
texas de brazil in fair oaks mall is delicious
Unfortunately it seems like they got rid of their "Buy 1 get 1 free" deal if you sign up with them (for birthdays and anniversaries). An email I got recently now had something like "free dessert and champagne" instead.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,151,164 times
I don't think our area is a good market for Brazilian Churrascaria, at least not many of them. A while back, there was an article in WaPo about the shift in power lunches from steakhouses to sushi restaurants. After all, ours is the fittest region in the country!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:02 PM

16 posts, read 27,439 times
Yeah, probably Chima in Tysons.

Fogo de Chao in DC can't be beat. It's authentic. My husband is Brazilian. It's also pricey.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,312,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navygirl7 View Post
Yeah, probably Chima in Tysons.

Fogo de Chao in DC can't be beat. It's authentic. My husband is Brazilian. It's also pricey.
My husband went to Sao Paulo for business recently, and his Brazilian co-workers took him out for dinner... to Fogo de Chao. He was a little disappointed (since we've been to the one here several times, and he's been to the one in Atlanta too) but a few slabs of meat wrapped in bacon cleared that disappointment right up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia