Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:22 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post

Find me one case in which a company specifically said that the tax cut let them add X number of jobs at the time of the cuts, not now in the election cycle of political support. Go back and find one article saying that company 'a' is adding jobs because of the lower tax rate.
Company has to pay more taxes = company has to use profit money to pay more taxes = company has less profit = shareholders are upset = company enacts cost-saving measures = company cuts jobs.

This is a fact.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,319,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Company has to pay more taxes = company has to use profit money to pay more taxes = company has less profit = shareholders are upset = company enacts cost-saving measures = company cuts jobs.

This is a fact.
That is not fact, that is supposition. Companys have more cash holdings today than any other time in american history. THAT is a fact proven by actual statistics. When tax rates where higher during Clinton we saw plenty of people hiring, that is a fact. In fact more people were hired on average during Clinton than during any single period of Bush. That is also a fact.

FACT small businesses receive more incentives for hiring today than any time in history. Literally dozens of deductions from R&D to direct employment and payroll taxes.

Please use ACTUAL facts not supposition if you want to make a case.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Every movement and new idea started with ONE person. If they had waited for an entire country to agree to further their personal beliefs, nothing ever would have happened. And most of the great movements involved a LOT of personal sacrifice from a few individuals at the very beginning. "Personal principle isn't enough if there is no actual change for our government" is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. You should stand for your own personal principles at all times.
Interesting seeing as Romney doesnt hold these same principals. Pays far lower tax rates than myself. Wants oil rigs in the chesapeake but wont allow them on his beach front property in Massachusetts. Was willing to take millions in federal assistance for Bain while he was CEO.

Hypocritical much?

I plan on paying my legal fair share. I wont send my money to secret accounts, I wont finagle it so that I can avoid payments. I currently pay my fair share and contribute to charities with out putting them as a tax write off. Last year my charitable contributions were $1400 none of which went on my return because I believe that was my choice to donate to causes who deserve it but does not relieve me of my civic duty. I most certainly if I made 250k would not hide it in other countries so I could hold it all to myself instead of helping the country I love.

I paid 22.5% on 220k (Which puts me in the 33% tax bracket btw... same as those making 250k in taxable income) for 49,500 to the US Government. What did you pay hotshots?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,686,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Personal principle isn't enough if there's no actual change for our government. At least that's my reading of it.
Oh, I guess that's true. Think of those foolish folks who freed their slaves voluntarily, or declined to buy them, while slavery was still legal. Or those who treated minorities as equals before civil rights laws forced them too.

Those who think folks here in NoVA should pay more taxes -- well, they're here in NoVA and they are welcome to pay more, they don't have to wait for the government to force them to. TE can use his financial calculation skills to determine how much interest his $7200 (or prorated rate) will save the federal government in interest charges. I'll grant him bragging rights on that, after he writes his check .

Old 09-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Interesting seeing as Romney doesnt hold these same principals. Pays far lower tax rates than myself. Wants oil rigs in the chesapeake but wont allow them on his beach front property in Massachusetts. Was willing to take millions in federal assistance for Bain while he was CEO.
At what point did I say (or even indicate) that Romney held these principles?

Quote:

I paid 22.5% on 220k (Which puts me in the 33% tax bracket btw... same as those making 250k in taxable income) for 49,500 to the US Government. What did you pay hotshots?
As mentioned from my first post on this subject; I paid 33% PLUS additional AMT.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
At what point did I say (or even indicate) that Romney held these principles?

As mentioned from my first post on this subject; I paid 33% PLUS additional AMT.
You were in the 33% bracket or you paid 33% because in order to pay 33% you must have made well into the 300k

Old 09-03-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
That is not fact, that is supposition. Companys have more cash holdings today than any other time in american history. THAT is a fact proven by actual statistics. When tax rates where higher during Clinton we saw plenty of people hiring, that is a fact. In fact more people were hired on average during Clinton than during any single period of Bush. That is also a fact.

FACT small businesses receive more incentives for hiring today than any time in history. Literally dozens of deductions from R&D to direct employment and payroll taxes.

Please use ACTUAL facts not supposition if you want to make a case.
You have to stop assuming that the economy during any presidency is the result of that specific president's policies/ actions. It takes many years to feel the effect of changes, usually it's after that specific president has left office. Booms and Busts in the economy are the results of the actions of previous presidents and their Congresses.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
You have to stop assuming that the economy during any presidency is the result of that specific president's policies/ actions. IT takes many years to feel the effect of changes, usually it's after that specific president has left office. Booms and Busts in the economy are the results of the actions of previous presidents and their Congresses.
Ok Im gonna tone down the rhetoric when talking to you, instead of YF who has got me pissed off with his BS about "me paying my share" which I already do.

I agree about this. I think much of what Clinton gained was due to infrastructure spending by Reagan. Much of early success of Bush was due to residual employment from Clinton. I think alot of what Carter set in place helped Reagan. Unfortunately I think a lot of what Bush set up is why we are where we are today too.

Regardless I think companies could be getting more employees right now if they knew what the future holds based on current holdings.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
You were in the 33% bracket or you paid 33% because in order to pay 33% you must have made well into the 300k
You assume I can take a lot more deductions that I actually can.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:24 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,686,094 times
Quote:
Ok Im gonna tone down the rhetoric when talking to you, instead of YF who has got me pissed off with his BS about "me paying my share" which I already do.
I never said anything about whether you pay your fair share or not. You're the one who is advocating for people to pay more, and talking about how willing you are to do it. Couldn't be simpler, just write the check and put it in the mail. Action, not rhetoric .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia