Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 06:45 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,668,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
just some evil hate filled redneck, don't let it define you (open carry in yard). doubt you'll ever see him again. if you do, he accomplished what he wanted
How do you see that as defining me though? I think this would probably just be temporary.

Lol, I see the wrong words sometimes and I thought you said "defile" me. Now that would be a larger conversation.

I appreciate all the help. This is all new for me and I am in shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 06:59 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
Thanks for your empathy.

I think that I am just being careful. I have kiddies.

I like some of your ideas, but can I REALLY incorporate them deep down into my belief system? For sure, it would take time a LONG LONG time.

I have come a long way with what I consider to be self improvement, only to have to improve here.

I mean, the open carry laws have to be there for a reason right?

Man, I moved out to the boonies from the suburbs to be left alone and now this rears it's head. I never had any incidents in the burbs.

Once in DC a bum did call me a "*****". I didn't react particularly well to it and I stood my ground.

Seriously, how do you guys manage to keep calm without feeling like chumps? It's GOT to be an unconscious stress. I'd like to know more and hope this doesn't get moved over to the psych forum....and that's probably what I'll get for dropping the hint.

I hope it doesn't get moved. I live here with the rest of you. We are all different, but in some way we can all relate.

Thanks.
Well, for me, I don't demand "respect" from random strangers. Thus, I would never view a bigoted slight as "disrespect". I view it as an uneducated comment and just move on with my day. I am well aware that not everyone loves and respects me, and I am fine with that. I only focus my attention on those people that matter - family, friends, colleagues, neighbors. It is the opinion of those people that make a difference; certainly not some bum on the street.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Well, for me, I don't demand "respect" from random strangers. Thus, I would never view a bigoted slight as "disrespect". I view it as an uneducated comment and just move on with my day. I am well aware that not everyone loves and respects me, and I am fine with that. I only focus my attention on those people that matter - family, friends, colleagues, neighbors. It is the opinion of those people that make a difference; certainly not some bum on the street.
I like it. Gives me something to think about. I really like it. Thank you.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:46 PM

102 posts, read 539,651 times
Very sorry this happened to you. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandriaVa11 View Post
Very sorry this happened to you. Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Hey boss, thank you.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:51 PM

Everyone here has been repped. I thank you once again.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:15 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,943 times
I witnessed the exact same incident in the Giant parking lot in Centerville about three months ago. Two guys screaming racist insults from a beat-up Toyota at a woman who was merely going about her business. I was shocked and frightened for her----you never know who's carrying a gun these days. I guess they're all crawling out of the wood-pile since last November.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
I witnessed the exact same incident in the Giant parking lot in Centerville about three months ago. Two guys screaming racist insults from a beat-up Toyota at a woman who was merely going about her business. I was shocked and frightened for her----you never know who's carrying a gun these days. I guess they're all crawling out of the wood-pile since last November.
Did they do a flyby or were they right up on her? That is terrible. I am fairly conservative and would hate to think this incident had something to do with some obscure interpretation of political stance.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:13 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,943 times
They were driving by slowly in the pick-up lane as the woman was approaching the store on the sidewalk. I was on the other side of their car and heard everything they said. It was truly disgusting. She did not respond to them and kept on walking toward the store. Welcome to Trump's America.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:36 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
They were driving by slowly in the pick-up lane as the woman was approaching the store on the sidewalk. I was on the other side of their car and heard everything they said. It was truly disgusting. She did not respond to them and kept on walking toward the store. Welcome to Trump's America.

Seriously? Trump's America? I'm not a fan of Trump and his behavior at times but how the hell is this at all related to Trump or his supporters? This behavior has existed since man existed. To say otherwise would be ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia