Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:39 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times

Advertisements

^..I bet that as well.

My guess is the poster called his Dad because of the accident... Police and Dad arrived around the same time.

2 teenage boys driving at a high rate of speed in 2 different cars on a winding road passing each other and one crashed into an innocent 3rd party.
(no you weren't racing...just speeding. hummm)

YOu are lucky your friend or you didn't kill anyone.

And it speaks volumes of your personality that you still do not think you did anything wrong.

ANd...MIRANDA? you've watched too many TV shows. Unless you were charged with a crime and taken into custody no miranda for you. The Police can question you all they want without reading you the miranda right, you can refuse to anwser etc... But trying to figure out what happend at an accident does not warrant miranda.

But again you are looking for something and someway to get out of this..some loop hole etc... it's not there MAN UP admit waht you did was wrong and take your punishment. NO ONE forced you to speed and you were part of the CAUSE of the accident...don't try to blame it all on your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 01:55 AM

8 posts, read 37,661 times
Stop driving and be mature. Going 70mph on a 55mph road is against the law. The reason why speed signs are posted is for your own safety and the people around you. Think about it, if someone would have died, it would have been your own fault for going 15mph past the speed limit.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:39 AM

931 posts, read 3,803,762 times
Honestly, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING. I hope your license is taken away.

Until you can grow up and be more mature about operating a motor vehicle, you can ride the bus.

Kids in America are so stupid these days.
All they have to do is watch that movie "Fast & Furious" and the next time they look at their car they think "OMG I have a race car."

And now kids just get on the message board asking people for advice about how they can avoid the consequences of BREAKING THE LAW.

To top it off, other morons respond by saying lawyer up!

In some states a reckless driving ticket is considered a misdemeanor which means, every time you apply for a job, you will have to explain that you have a misdemeanor for reckless driving.

You know that section on the job application that asks you if you are a criminal or were convicted of a felony or misdemeanor???

THAT'S YOU NOW.

Since your daddy come to your rescue at the scene of the crime, hopefully he will be able to supply you a job also, since it's going to be hard for you to get one with your record.

Last edited by oleo; 12-13-2008 at 07:55 AM..

Old 12-14-2008, 01:39 PM

555 posts, read 2,702,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebldvl42 View Post
I received a reckless driving ticket the other night for speeding/racing and so did my friend but he got into an accident because of it. Coming down the road we were speeding but not racing and i slow down to under the speed limit to make the upcoming turn. My friend blazes on by and takes the turn too fast slamming into a stopped car causing a slightly serious accident. Neither person was hurt though.
I am 16 and have been driving for about 5 motnhs now and so is my friend. The police officer never read me my Miranda rights, bullied me into telling him what happened while my dad was standing next to me the whole time. What's going to happen? The cop never asked my dad anything and the only eveidence they ahve of my doing anything wrong is witnesses saying im racing. I can understand my friend getting a reckless driving charge but me? I wasn't even withing 100 feet of the accident when it happened. Hopefully i can get it lowered to a speeding or improper driving ticket.

What do you think will happen?
They do not need to read you your Miranda rights.

Furthermore, if witnesses said you were racing, you have a tough trial ahead of you. Your story sounds suspect to me, why would witnesses say you were racing when you weren't? This just re-enforces my belief that kids shouldn't be allowed to drive. Under 18 most kids are just too immature.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:06 AM

7 posts, read 15,547 times
well its been awhile but my friend (the one who caused the accident) recently and the result was. . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! this is great. no fine, comm. service, license suspension. and i'm driving again. so all the people who attacked me and tried to scare me or say i should never drive again: you were wrong

Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 AM

241 posts, read 987,604 times
Quote:
well its been awhile but my friend (the one who caused the accident) recently and the result was. . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! this is great. no fine, comm. service, license suspension. and i'm driving again. so all the people who attacked me and tried to scare me or say i should never drive again: you were wrong
I'm surprised at your attitude. Haven't you realized you guys could have KILLED or seriously injured someone, and for what.... 10 minutes or so of cheap thrills?!?

I hope you have learned something from your experience, that is, not to drive recklessly, you could end up crippling or injuring even yourself or some innocent bystander. Please be more careful in future, you're just starting your life and one small mistake could not only harm others but cost you a lot too.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Well you should be so lucky I am not your parent because if I was I don't care what the court decided you wouldn't be driving any of my cars anytime soon. You were very irresponsible and very lucky that you and your friend did not kill someone. You have alot of growing up to do.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 AM

488 posts, read 1,747,135 times
I smell BS, lol.

Reckless driving charge and he walked away. Yeah f'ing right.

Um hmm.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM

7 posts, read 15,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEIK View Post
I smell BS, lol.

Reckless driving charge and he walked away. Yeah f'ing right.

Um hmm.
its the truth. go to the courts and check. no trouble at all. he took a driving course on his own before court and thats all

Old 02-03-2009, 05:35 AM

931 posts, read 3,803,762 times
Awesome dawg!

Now we can all drive recklessly without any consequences!

This is great news. I'm going to go tell all my bros!

BTW, are you DTF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia