Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniebean View Post
The Lost Dog Cafe in Arlington (near East FC metro) has a great selection, but most are in bottles.

For brewpubs, try DogFish Head in Seven Corners (my favorite) or Dominion Brewery out near Dulles/Sterling.
Dogfishhead is awesome!!!! Try the Raison d-Etre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 02:30 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,717,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgers+Beer View Post
Having been to brickskeller i can say they have alot of beers but not sure how many on tap. I recently read an article saying that the brickskeller upgraded/improved their drat beer selection. Could not find a date on the article though. Also bring your ID as they tend to ID everyone. I believe RFD is a sister establishment and used to have more beers on draft. Even though RFD advertised quite a few drafts they always seem to have issues with equipment being broken, or so they say. I have been to sweetwater tavern and was not impressed with their beers. They do have a sampler of their homemade brews.
Both RFD & Brickskeller have an impressive selection, though not all is draft (and not all are available every night). They both have current tap and specialty lists when you go, so I just stick to those since it's more likely that it'll be in stock. Otherwise, just don't get your heart set on one specific beer.

RFD's bigger, so it can be easier to get a table, however you can also make reservations at Brickskeller.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:37 PM

30 posts, read 65,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniebean View Post
The Lost Dog Cafe in Arlington (near East FC metro) has a great selection, but most are in bottles.

For brewpubs, try DogFish Head in Seven Corners (my favorite) or Dominion Brewery out near Dulles/Sterling.
Yup, Lost Dog has a huge selection...probably more than 200 beers at least, but most are in bottles.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM

593 posts, read 2,440,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgers+Beer View Post
If you are looking for Belgium beers on tap you may want to check out Brasserie Beck in DC. www.beckdc.com they have a beer menu on their website. I would call them to see what they have on tap.
Brasserie Beck is one of my favorites too - for Belgian beer selection, they are imo the #1 place in the entire DC metro area. It's a more upscale place, but def a great atmosphere for enjoying a few Belgian brews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia