Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 12:23 AM

3 posts, read 7,649 times

Advertisements

Wondering which town would be best for a family with a 13 & 17 yr old, (girls) Mostly wondering what actives they can do?

Could someone give me the names of any local newspapers in these towns?

We will be looking to rent for the first year, We would love 3 bd / 2+ ba, with a loft for my home office, SFH or a Townhouse, Hopfully paying about $1400.00 Does any one have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and help.

Last edited by StarVLC; 05-09-2009 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: FONT/SIZE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
If I was choosing between the two I'd go with Warrenton. Neither have perfect school systems but Fauquier tends to be better and that's where Warrenton is. Closer to jobs, shopping, restaurants etc.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:07 PM

Thank you BF24, My husband would be working in Culpeper, I will be working from home, but my HQ's office is in Vienna, Which I would like to go to a few times a week. So that's why I thought Warrenton as the mid point.

I'm not to worried about the school, By the time we move the girls will be 13 & 17, I homeschool the 12 yr now, the 16 is going into her senior year, She's in a A+ school now and she's an advanced honor student taking AP classes, Shes almost done, I'm sure she will be fine in any school.

I'm more worried about getting a house and having things to do with them. Living in Clermont, we are 45 mins from the beach, 15 mins from the Disney parks, 40 mins from Orlando. when we had to move here from NH, I thought I would hate it, Now it seems that I will hate leaving.,

Thanks again.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Warrenton will put you closer to more activities VS Culpeper. Culpeper is a nice area but if being closer to places like DC is important than Warrenton is the one. You might even consider going further in to the Gainesville/Haymarket area which puts you even closer. Both have really grown over the years and both have some nice housing areas. Going to Culpeper from any of these places would be easy for your husband.
Good luck

Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 8,771 times
Come to Warrenton and your daughters can babysit our boys! =) JK, we love Warrenton and it's closer to get to DC/shopping etc...

Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Hi CVICUPA,

Thanks for the input, It does look like we are lending towards Warrenton, It turns out a member of my team has an office in Warrenton, So I may be able to go work from there a few days a week instead of working from home all the time. Yet he lives in Culpeper so he's telling to move there. LOL

We are only a few days away from my husband finding out if he is the one being transfered so right now my nerves are getting the better of me.

Funny you would metion, Babysitter, Jenni is a CPR Certified Sitter, She took the baby sitting course and the Blue Cross CPR course, They would be in good hands. LOL, She's plans to be a Psychology, she loves to help people, You would love her.

What area's should I be looking at in Warenton? We plan to rent the first year, we would need no less then a 3/2 SFR or a TH. I'm hoping to have a loft or any extra room for my home office.

Thanks again for your help, Lee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia