Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:42 AM

24 posts, read 143,127 times

Advertisements

There are 58 resales in Stone Creek - 158K to 250K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 12:15 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Someone posted about very little storage area in 55+ communities as there's no basements etc, specifically they were wondering about Stone Creek. Here's the link (scroll down to last post)
http://www.city-data.com/forum/ocala...-ocala-fl.html

was also wondering your opinions (those who live in Stone Creek per se as well as those who are in 55+ communities). Obviously one has to downsize but any other info w/b helpful. TIA

Old 07-10-2009, 01:09 PM

67 posts, read 238,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinfla View Post
If you want info on resales just contact a real estate agent - like me. Or pick up any one of those real estate books that are placed all over town. Or check the local newspapers. Best bet though is to work with a real estate agent. There are a lot of resales on the market now and the owners really want to sell. New home sales have really slowed down. I believe SC is currently building only one home. Summerglen is still selling and building new homes just not as fast as before. Spec homes here are selling below resale prices. Then there are short sales and foreclosures. Some very good deals can be had only it may be months before you close, if you close. Jake
07.10.09...As of this morning there are 16 homes under construction in Stone Creek.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:45 PM

51 posts, read 222,134 times
John, Robert and Larry ...

Boy, I haven't been on this site in a while and so much is happening...

Bill and I would love to have you all over and finally meet you all!

Still lovin' Stone Creek!

Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 AM

12 posts, read 57,575 times
Ocalagala

We are going to be back down on August 11th through the 18th. Maybe we could meet up some time during that period.

Still getting a lot of things done to our spec home. The plantation shutters are supposed to be installed this week. Just got the flooring done last week and are awaiting the completion of the construction on the beautiful office unit (shelves, cabinets and murphy bed) that is being constructed for one of the bedrooms so I can keep up with my work in Michigan and still have the room used for a bedroom when guests are there.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 AM

39 posts, read 219,482 times
Default Question re clubhouse ...

We have visited Stone Creek and thought it was very nice, but then I came across this post by a Stone Creek resident on another board re Pulte Homes (where the posts are not dated) and wondered if the situation with the clubhouse has been remedied: "We have not been able to use Clubhouse for entertainment, broken air conditioning for 3 months. Our grass is brown due to sand not top soil."

BTW, do you know how many homes are now completed?

Thank you.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:52 PM

51 posts, read 222,134 times
Larry:

Yes, we'd love to meet up with you in August. Bill and I enjoyed breakfast with Robert - maybe we can all get together!

Susan:

They recently sent a questionnaire out to residents and it mentioned 650 residences. I think someone mentioned there are sixteen homes under construction presently and a salesperson was quoted as saying they are selling about twenty homes a month (don't know if the last is true or not). Don't know anything about a/c problems in the clubhouse... does anyone else??

Old 07-20-2009, 05:10 PM

Default Thanks for the update ...

we are still trying to decide where to move. Appreciate the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocalagala View Post
Larry:

Yes, we'd love to meet up with you in August. Bill and I enjoyed breakfast with Robert - maybe we can all get together!

Susan:

They recently sent a questionnaire out to residents and it mentioned 650 residences. I think someone mentioned there are sixteen homes under construction presently and a salesperson was quoted as saying they are selling about twenty homes a month (don't know if the last is true or not). Don't know anything about a/c problems in the clubhouse... does anyone else??

Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Default Thanks ...

for the post. I'm glad to know that it was a warranty issue and that the a/c is now fixed.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:56 AM

12 posts, read 57,575 times
Suzette,

Like a dummy I lost all of the telephone numbers and email addresses for my Stone Creekers. Ronna and I are coming in on Tuesday, August 11th for a week. If you would like to get together, please email me at LSchu77570@aol.com with your number and we will call you while we are down there.

Is everything still going great at Stone Creek? You guys should get into golf as it would be nice to have to have golfing buddys down there.

Larry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala