Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 08:39 AM

23 posts, read 39,868 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have visited Salem a few times (his uncle lives in the area) and we love it. It has a small town feel, but it it has many of the same amenities we're used to from living in a city.

However, I am interested to know about what the people who currently live or have previously lived there think. Pros and cons are both encouraged. I really like Salem, but nothing is ever set in stone until we actually make the move and I want some honest opinions about what we can expect.

Also, there is one particular house that we looked at that we're interested in.** However, it's been on the market a while and it's quite old (1900). This is the house (I wish I could post the pictures I took on that website, because not all of those are completely honest). Has anyone else looked at this house previously? I suspect a few problems (potentially mixed electrical wiring and a shoddy foundation, from the look of the basement). If anyone here has looked at this house and found problems, I would love to know. (Before you ask, yes, when I'm ready to look more seriously into buying--hopefully within the next six months--I fully intend to pay for a very thorough home inspector. And if you have anyone you can recommend for that, I would appreciate it. I'm just incredibly curious about this house.)

And are there any lenders for Salem that you would recommend for a home loan?

Really, anything you can tell me about living AND buying in Salem would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

**We have already found a realtor we intend to use when we start looking more seriously. Please do not comment offering to help us find a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio