Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 AM

184 posts, read 797,003 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Does anyone have pictures of Edmond neighborhoods? I do enjoy looking at the houses there but you can't see much more then one house.

Thank You,
Lisa
Sacramento, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
I would wander around these threads, especially the picture threads. I think there are several Edmond pics.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:45 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
Here are a few of Edmond. I think these are peggy's pictures, all taken on the same day.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:54 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
Hi Lisa

Here are a few more pics of Edmond neighborhoods:

Old 02-04-2008, 09:14 AM

PeggyDavis & Synopsis,
Thank you so much for the pictures, my husband and i are thinking about living around there at some time. As with all the others that have mention about the high cost of living in California, we are saying the same thing.
It looks like there is a old and new Edmond from the looks of the pictures.
What are some of the grocery and department stores do they have?
and what are there biggest companies for employment?

Regards,
Lisa

Old 02-04-2008, 10:45 AM

For groceries in Edmond I went to Albertson's which was more convenient but higher in cost. They also have Super WalMart and another big discount store Crest.

In Edmond you have more smaller shops. For department stores you go to Quail Springs Mall or Penn Square Mall. They have Dillard's, Foley's, Penny's, etc. Or they did, I'm not a big shopper.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:05 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmasters View Post
PeggyDavis & Synopsis,
Thank you so much for the pictures, my husband and i are thinking about living around there at some time. As with all the others that have mention about the high cost of living in California, we are saying the same thing.
It looks like there is a old and new Edmond from the looks of the pictures.
What are some of the grocery and department stores do they have?
and what are there biggest companies for employment?

Regards,
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
I live in California too and understand your concerns. My husband's family lives in OK city and when we visited them over a year ago, we knew Edmond would probably be where we'd look for a home. It's very nice, lots of new home tracks, stores and restaurants.

We went to a mall there, and they have everything we have out here. It's cleaner and spaced out. I was so surprised to see huge acreages with churches, banks, and businesses sitting on it. Property is so expensive here, that almost all businesses are on postage size lots..Also, the homes back there have space between them; not like here where you can jump roof to roof.

We really enjoyed our trip and I think you'd like it very much. The people are sweet. When my sister in law moved into their new home, the next door neighbor came over with some homemade bread...I've yet to have that done for me here..

Growing up here I can remember when neighbors were friendly and would visit each other. Times have changed, haven't they? Most women work and just don't have the time to get to know their neighbors anymore.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Hi Lisa,
I live in California too and understand your concerns. My husband's family lives in OK city and when we visited them over a year ago, we knew Edmond would probably be where we'd look for a home. It's very nice, lots of new home tracks, stores and restaurants.

We went to a mall there, and they have everything we have out here. It's cleaner and spaced out. I was so surprised to see huge acreages with churches, banks, and businesses sitting on it. Property is so expensive here, that almost all businesses are on postage size lots..Also, the homes back there have space between them; not like here where you can jump roof to roof.

We really enjoyed our trip and I think you'd like it very much. The people are sweet. When my sister in law moved into their new home, the next door neighbor came over with some homemade bread...I've yet to have that done for me here..

Growing up here I can remember when neighbors were friendly and would visit each other. Times have changed, haven't they? Most women work and just don't have the time to get to know their neighbors anymore.
It is bad here, i just posted a message how things have changed. I worked in Manfacturing for 17 years and now a stay at home wife. I thought this was going to be fun for a change. but it's more worse than dealing with depressed people at work.
My mom use to be a welcome Wagon lady, she enjoyed making people happy. But you don't get that anymore ether.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:52 PM

East Edmond neighborhood, near Covell and Air Depot

They made a berm of dirt between the houses and the road.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM

160 posts, read 976,017 times
I live in south orange county, CA and sooooo understand what you are both saying. We live in a large master planned community and it is beautiful, but densly populated. So, we are about 8ft between homes...pretty close. Neighbors are friendly only when in the mood and often ignore you (or make believe they didn't see you). We are moving to Edmond in early June and I am really looking forward to making actual friends out there. From what I have heard, I have really high hopes for the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City