Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:38 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Regardless how despicable they are, they have the right to free speech. Just like you have the right to call them skanks and retards.
We might as well be more thankful that they don't seem to be brazen and crazy enough to actually picket across the street from funerals. Laws in some of the states prevent them from doing so, and if I'm right they don't try to contest the constiutionality of such laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 01:43 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Perhaps some people who had enough of them should join their protests holding up random funny signs like *I am holding a sign* etc etc.. Perhaps dressing in pink fancy undies might work too.
LOL thats funny. Or dress up like Jesus and hold a sign that say I hate WBC.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
But we do have limits on "free speech" I would get arrested if I said to a TSA agent that I have a bomb or gun. Even if I was joking. I would get arrested if I called someone and said I wanted to hurt them. I could get sued if I were to lie and say I saw a famous person drunk in public or I saw them cheating on their spouse. I would go to prison and rightfully so if I made a obscene sexual proposition to a young child. Go up to a cop and tell them you want to have sex with them or ask them to by a bag of grass and see what happens. If CBS had a show where the "F bomb" was dropped several times they would get fined or worst. Lets say there is a bad flood and you know that a bridge has washed out and you went up to a school bus and told them that the bridge is good. Or you knew if was washed out and you didn't tell them.

There are limits on free speech if your actions hurt other. And in my opinion and it is just my opinion these folks directly hurt the families at these funerals. But I can also see where this could be a slippery slope.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:58 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Regardless how despicable they are, they have the right to free speech. Just like you have the right to call them skanks and retards.
Sure they have the right to free speech, but even that has it's limits when it comes to disrespecting the dead and the those they've left behind. They show up here in my home town and I'm sure there's not going to be enough cops to protect them for what is waiting when they show up. Most of these big ole boys around here have no problem going back to jail over stupid people like the WBC and their low life thinking.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:29 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
LOL thats funny. Or dress up like Jesus and hold a sign that say I hate WBC.
Speakiong of Jesus here's a picture I took of them showing Jesus with them when they were in Stillwater several years ago. Jesus figure is in lower middle of picture.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:11 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,546,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Speakiong of Jesus here's a picture I took of them showing Jesus with them when they were in Stillwater several years ago. Jesus figure is in lower middle of picture.
Is that what that is? I thought that was a furry ......

Quite a turnout, eh?

Old 12-21-2010, 05:58 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Perhaps some people who had enough of them should join their protests holding up random funny signs like *I am holding a sign* etc etc.. Perhaps dressing in pink fancy undies might work too.
A few people already had that idea... LOL.
http://blog.georgetownvoice.com/wp-c...boro-signs.jpg
http://www.venganza.org/wp-content/u...iratedemo3.jpg
http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/...723-125344.jpg
http://legalblogwatch.typepad.com/.a...c10c970b-800wi

And check out what my city (San Francisco) did in reaction to them... no surprise, they usually avoid our town.
Funny Story: The infamous Westboro Baptist Church finally gets what it deserves (with video) - National comedy | Examiner.com

Old 12-21-2010, 05:07 PM

Now I only have one question for those imbeciles at the WBC:
What ever happened to what Christ said when they tried to stone the so called prostitute? "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Those morons seem to be casting allot of stones and you know that none of them are pure at heart , or any other way.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM

498 posts, read 1,606,514 times
I'd like to cast a stone on them... Or two or three. Maybe even play the boulder game like William Wallace in Braveheart. I'm sure King Edward the Longshanks would love to re-institute some old customs on these inbreds.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:50 PM

I'd settle for a good ole caber toss, like they do at the Scottish games and have them standing under it as it comes down..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma