Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:41 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times

Advertisements

What do I like? All my ex's live in Texas!

Most summers you will wear your shower. Most winters are mild. Physically, OK almost resembles two different states. The eastern border is green, leafy, with a 66 mile long lake that has 1300 miles of shore line. It is in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains so you find cliffs and rolling hills. In NE OK you can drive to Hot Springs, KC, OKC, Eureka Springs, Tulsa, Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, two Civil War Battlefields, Precious Moments, Christmas lights in three states, and almost to St. Louis in 200 mikes. NE OK has one of the prettiest and cleanest 33 acre state parks with primitive and RV parking I was ever in at Grove, OK: Honey Creek State Park. It is in one cove of the lake. Bring your boat you can launch it there. If you are Day Sailor you can launch about 6 miles away and stow the trailer just by asking.

The rolling hills and forested areas slowly give way to flat land and red earth and sandy soil after you leave Tusal on I-40. It continues almost to the Texas border. Shamrock, Texas is on the OK/TX border. It is a very neat place to stay for the night. Tulsa is a small town of about a million people. It's upscale and artsy. It has some very good food, great book stores, and awesome hospitals. Tulsa World and the Kansas City Star are two of the best written newspapers in print today. NOLA has the third one.

Ok is one of America's treasures. It's unique. You don't have to be bored. All you have to do is go outside, be quiet, listen and observe. Snow does not last in OK. Even a deep snow is cleared in a day. The sun smiles and its gone. Poof! One winter morning I looked out and saw deer, wild turkey and rabbit in my yard. It was not unusual to hear the birds and hoot owls at night or wake up to the noisy woodpecker. It was as normal to see king snake sleep on his favorite rock, the hummingbirds, or white cattle birds, as it was to see heron, white pelicans, hawks, and turtle. No it is not a perfect state for none is, but it sure is close.

Come for a weekend and stay for a lifetime. OK is okay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Come for a weekend and stay for a lifetime. OK is okay!
Uh, no, linicx. NO! We like being a flyover state.

Move along! Nothing to see here. Keep going!

We meant to say...

crooked small town cops!

Speed traps!

Obesity! No public transportation! Go! Go NOW!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma