Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:08 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
A plethora of Bible verses that talk about marriage and acceptable practices therein... from incest, to rape, to polygamy, to forsaking your own family and beyond. Those weren't out of context at all either. Go back and read them, and tell me how you can make any of those sound... well, reflective of contemporary life. Go ahead and get verses before and after it.

Hey, if you want to waste Sunday mornings listening to a guy pick a few verses out here and there and give you his interpretation of it while you nod as he pulls your puppet strings and money from your wallet, more power to you. If you want to believe your faith is right while that of billions of other people is wrong, fine. Just keep your Christ out of law when it's regarding something totally innocuous, that will have no real effect on your life... well, except for maybe the tax revenue and business boost same sex marriages would throw into the economy.
Boy that's classy.

Again, take 'er on over to the Religion forum.

Blessings.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howest2008

Christians don't live under OLD TESTAMENT
LAW but New Testament Rules for Marriage

and Christian
Faith which is One Man and One Wo(Man) Adam and Eve ( Not ) Adam
and Steve.

The JEW'S don't even live under the OLD TESTAMENT
these days they couldn't exist in any

Modern Society with the Laws Of
The OLD TESTAMENT.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
No, Christian fundamentalists (present company
included) live in the Dark Ages: a time when highly corrupt popes made decrees,
some of which still exist. And yawn, yawn, yawn at that Adam and Steve remark.
Jesus, can't you guys come up with something more original than that? The Bible
has a lot of imagination in it-- sea monsters, zombies, mythic themes, demons,
Armageddon-- I think you guys are capable of something less trite.

Regardless, that didn't enlighten me. Show me where in the Bible it
forbids same sex marriage and I'll keep my peace. Also, that Old
Testament remark you made would throw the Leviticus 20:13 argument right out the
window... just sayin'. I'm all ears.

howest2008
You called me a ( Fun Duh Ment Da Less ) I'm no such thing I'm a African American Christian.

1. Bible believer don't live in the Dark Ages They were the first ones to " know that the Earth was Round ".

2. The POPE doesn't run anything but BATH WATER , and Christianity Is Not A White Caucasian Religion running amuck thur Europe Corrupting Anything ....it's a Middle Eastern Asian Caucasian Religion " thank you very much "
sea monsters, zombies, mythic themes, demons,
Armageddon-- I think you guys are capable of something less trite.
Please give me a break , and for your info both you and I know where the Bible forbid SSM....You Can Fool The Fools But Both You And I
Know The Truth...

That's a big argument for same sex marriage, as churches don't have to perform weddings there. I've known people who have been married on beaches, at their homes, in parks, at city hall, etc. so I don't understand the argument that marriages aren't valid if not done in churches. To the government, all that matters is that piece of paper.

Personally, I think if states enact same sex marriage bans, then childless GLBT people should have the option to pay less taxes going toward anything that can come of marriage, including education, social services and foster care. Married couples should have to shoulder that burden if they're supplying the bulk of new people in the world. Is it really fair to deny a segment of the population a right, but still make them pay for other people's children?

Same Sex Marriage is a Tempest In A Tea Cup , and it's already settled anyways " real MEN who are Homosexuals aren't in opposition to my believes because it doesn't suppress the GLBT community in the least bit ... -The California Homosexual Community supported SSM because it made them feel just like Heterosexual Married couples didn't have nothing to do with Equal Rights * Which
Domestic Partnerships Gave Them :::::.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:22 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Boy, I hope not.

I'm all for heavily taxing transplants from out of the South-Central region. It will change our culture (which makes our state great/unique) to open the floodgates.
Well, if OK is sliding toward Gomorrah, as this thread seems to indicate, sounds like y'all could use a little help.

Don't worry, most Californians who choose move to OK will be moving for the right reasons, and probably won't be all that different from the natives. CA is a big place.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I thought you Okies weren't interested in following California over a cliff. As a fed-up Californian, I'm depending on places like Oklahoma to keep sanity alive in a world gone mad. I hope there are enough people in your government who care enough to shoot this down.
Typical narrow minded drivel. There were "Two Spirits" around long before idiot fed-up californians ever existed.

*"In some tribes, male-bodied two-spirits held specific active roles which, varying by tribe, may include:

healers or medicine persons
conveyors of oral traditions and songs (Yuki)
foretellers of the future (Winnebago, Oglala Lakota)
conferrers of lucky names on children or adults (Oglala Lakota, Tohono O'odham)
nurses during war expeditions
potters (Zuni, Navajo, Tohono O'odham)
matchmakers (Cheyenne, Omaha, Oglala Lakota)
makers of feather regalia for dances (Maidu)
special role players in the Sun Dance (Crow, Hidatsa, Oglala Lakota)"

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit

Two people who love each other is not a world gone mad. Hating on two people who love each other is pretty good sign of madness IMO.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Same Sex Marriage is a Tempest In A Tea Cup , and it's already settled anyways " real MEN who are Homosexuals aren't in opposition to my believes because it doesn't suppress the GLBT community in the least bit ... -The California Homosexual Community supported SSM because it made them feel just like Heterosexual Married couples didn't have nothing to do with Equal Rights * Which
Domestic Partnerships Gave Them :::::.
Okay, give everyone Domestic partenerships. If they want marriage, go to the house of faith of your choice and get married. If it doesn't matter, then don't. I bet a lot of male/female parings would skip the 'marriage' if the legal document was equal.

Couples who wish to be married wish to be married, not just 'parteners'. Why shouldn't everyone have equal rights?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Two people who love each other is not a world gone mad. Hating on two people who love each other is pretty good sign of madness IMO.
Getting back on topic, I'm happy to report that only 35 percent of Oklahomans favor same-sex "marriage".

States That Might Get Gay Marriage Next (or Never) ? Polled, Mapped & Ranked - Philip Bump - The Atlantic Wire

It seems that most Oklahomans still have their heads screwed on straight. Very encouraging. You guys had me spooked for a while.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default I Wish That I Had A Penny For Each Californian Homosexual That Told Me That Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Okay, give everyone Domestic partenerships. If they want marriage, go to the house of faith of your choice and get married. If it doesn't matter, then don't. I bet a lot of male/female parings would skip the 'marriage' if the legal document was equal.

Couples who wish to be married wish to be married, not just 'parteners'. Why shouldn't everyone have equal rights?
I Wish That I Had A Penny For Each Californian Homosexual That Told Me That Line I would be a Multi-Millionaire....LOL by now.

But I agree with you neither side would give a inch , and couldn't see the forest for the tree's.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:01 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Getting back on topic, I'm happy to report that only 35 percent of Oklahomans favor same-sex "marriage".

It seems that most Oklahomans still have their heads screwed on straight. Very encouraging. You guys had me spooked for a while.
Getting back on topic is telling us you were spooked? It doesn't matter what the percentage is on some poll, what matters is what the the tribal court allows, not what people who are haters believe.

Maybe you would be happier in KS with Fred Phelps.

Last edited by _redbird_; 10-23-2013 at 11:14 PM..

Old 10-24-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter what the percentage is on some poll, what matters is what the the tribal court allows, not what people who are haters believe.
What matters is what my neighbors believe and what my government imposes.

Quote:
Maybe you would be happier in KS with Fred Phelps.
Kansas is indeed an option. But Fred Phelps is no more representative of Kansas than Yahweh ben Yahweh is representative of Oklahoma. You owe Kansas an apology.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'm all for heavily taxing transplants from out of the South-Central region. It will change our culture (which makes our state great/unique) to open the floodgates.
California took in over 70,000 desperate Okies in the 1930s. Now that it's our turn as refugees, you want to tax us? I think you owe us a favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma