Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:32 PM

218 posts, read 563,270 times

Advertisements

I just get so sick of these people from out of state who move here and run our state down. It may not be the best state, but its my home.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,997,619 times
Who said its not the best state? Where else do you find people so nice that they go to national football championships and let the other team win?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 PM

38 posts, read 128,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafoxy View Post
I just get so sick of these people from out of state who move here and run our state down. It may not be the best state, but its my home.
High Five!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 AM

491 posts, read 1,477,402 times
Ya know, I get tired of people who are from here griping about it. We do live in America so if you don't like where you're at, you can change it. Some people are just that way.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 AM

253 posts, read 806,191 times
Default lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Who said its not the best state? Where else do you find people so nice that they go to national football championships and let the other team win?
so funny, i agree, we, even our teams, must do our share of charity work....lol
i was raised in OK, and im proud as can be of that, im proud of the hard worken people, the love and warmth thats always spread around(just read OK forums) and I will aways love my "Sooners" till day I day!!!(hubby already knows to bury me in my sooner jacket!!)
but sad to say....in any state, your going to get folks who nit-pick everything that aint home to them, no one takes the time to move in, fit in and enjoy anymore...if they cant change everyone there where they moved to, they suck on lemons rest of their lives verses maken a tall cool glass of lemon aide and sharing with their new neighbors....so sad

Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,795,135 times
I will be glad to help anyone who is not happy in my newly adopted state to pack and git outta here!

And yes, our new Thunder basketball team has also been very generous in allowing other teams to win! It's the OK spirit!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,550,705 times
As an immigrant and transplanted Okie, here is my take on it.

If one is griping about things that cannot be changed, such as the weather, bugs or basic culture of this state, shut up or get out.

If one is griping about social/political issues .... put your money where your mouth is and do something about it.

It is our duty to help the country/state revolve and improve matters. Doing nothing is being complacent and just wrong.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,997,619 times
Then again, if you are on a train that is about to be in a wreck, you might just kick back and enjoy the last few feet of the ride..........

Old 02-24-2009, 09:34 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,331,766 times
It's not just Oklahoma. Some people actually enjoy complaining, and they pick whatever is handiest to complain about. I've lived in a lot of different places, and for the most part, there were complainers everywhere - even me, once, but I left as soon as I could. One other thing I've noticed is that when a person makes an effort to enjoy whatever is around them, people are more likely to be friendly, and friendly people outweigh a lot of what would otherwise be negative. But when people start out complaining about this and that, others tend to avoid them as much as possible. It's a self-perpetuating downward spiral.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 AM

5,478 posts, read 12,256,220 times
I agree. People flee to a place and then complain that their new home is nothing like the place from which they fled. They then gripe about lack of high end shopping, blah blah. Things get built up, congested, then they complain that the place is exactly like the one they left and start looking for greener pastures. They're like termites. Eat up the supporting beams and move on to eat up some more somewhere else. Take all, give nothing. I'm not from OK, but I love OK, and I'd be pretty darned happy if/when I end up there, and will adjust to my new home. I love OK people and I love the state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma