Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:05 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times

Advertisements

lately in omaha I have noticed many drivers in omaha are

(btw, this is all over the city. whether it be north omahaor south omaha or millard

or near fort street and the interstate, this is happening
)

(a) flipping people the bird
(b) driving down some streets as if they are in a nascar race or something
(c) running through red-lights (and almost hitting pedestrians)

has anyone else noticed that many drivers in omaha on the road are getting impatient and filled with road rage

and what do u think should be done about omaha 's road rage drivers problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 AM

906 posts, read 1,810,755 times
It's a total lack of police enforcement.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
It's a total lack of police enforcement.
and also lack of self control and patience from folks.

seems a lot of folks lately in omaha are having anger problems.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,867 times
I admit, I contribute to the speeding problem. For me, It's always because I can never get out of the house at a good time to drive easy and get to school. I try and try, but every time it comes down to me forgetting somethng, or something unexpected slowing me down. I regret having to drive to school so often now, as the bus isn't convenient for transportation to my night classes. Ames Avenue and 72nd Street seem to be pretty bad. I go with the flow and everybody seems to go at least 5 MPH faster. As for road respect, I have a lot and have never been involved in any road rage. But the thing that bothers me the most is when people stop in the crosswalk. Since I take the bus and have to walk a good amount, this effects me almost every time I cross the street. It seems to be less of a problem in North Omaha by a long shot. People seem to be more respectful of others up there. But I made up this thing for myself that, what if every time somebody blatantly disregards the crosswalk, they automatically vaporized? I thought that would be a good form of population control. Perhaps too good-there's almost no stoplight I've seen without altleast one crosswalk stopper.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 PM

216 posts, read 951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
(a) flipping people the bird
They're just pointing at the geese flying back North.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmanSand View Post
They're just pointing at the geese flying back North.
(seriously?)

Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM

216 posts, read 951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
(seriously?)
Well, of course not.
All I can say about the situation of what to do about Omaha's road rage driver problem is, take a cell picture of the plate, note the make/model of it, remember the location, call OPD if it is really a major problem. I see it in Omaha, Lincoln, and even in Beatrice all too often. Maybe people are fed up with Winter? Road rage here in NE. is nothing, take the drive towards FL. and encounter the rage in St. Louis, Chattanooga, Nashville, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa, and especially Orlando.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 PM
CCJ

55 posts, read 168,860 times
I noticed the red light runners when we moved here in June 2010. But I haven't noticed an increase recently or seen anyone flip the bird.... but I also am not out in "rush hour" very often at all (we came from San Antonio - we think Omaha's rush hour is awesome! lol).

Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 AM

906 posts, read 1,810,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmanSand View Post
take a cell picture of the plate, note the make/model of it, remember the location, call OPD if it is really a major problem..
That's called heresay and OPD won't do anything about it. You could have a grudge against somebody and take a picture of their car and report it. That doesn't prove they were doing anything wrong.

The only answer is to clear out all the dinosaurs in OPD (without the bloated pensions based on bogus overtime work) and hire young motivated officers who don't feel entitled. Also, most legitimate cities have traffic enforcement divisions who do nothing but control the problems being discussed in this thread.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,759,472 times
LOL Omaha road rage is nothing compared to FL. Here they will literally run you off the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha