Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times

Advertisements

Is there anybody who actually confuses the behavior of Fred Phelps & clan with that of true Christian behavior?

I can't help but wonder if even old Fred himself knows the difference, but just can't break himself away from all the notoriety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 01:57 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,190 times
Default Hey, I was just lookin' fer a massage.

I'm just waiting for ol' Freddie to get caught up in a rentboy.com scandal.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:52 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
I'm just waiting for ol' Freddie to get caught up in a rentboy.com scandal.

1. It won't be a scandal because nobody will care.

2. He will pull a David Koresh type thing and say that he's "allowed" to do it because he's the Patriarch of the family/religion/church. I put him on the same level as any of a number of other cultic groups. They're just simply not about what Biblical Christianity teaches.

Last edited by Calvinist; 05-15-2010 at 09:12 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 PM

688 posts, read 1,490,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Westboro is everything a Christian should not be.
In Kentucky, if I'm not mistaken, they passed a law to keep protesters so many feet away from a funeral. It was largely in response to Fred Phelps, several different times in different parts of the state, protesting outside the funerals and funeral homes of sodliers that had died in Iran or Afghanistan. Some of their stupid signs were, such as "America is Doomed", "You died in vain for your worthless godless country", "Soldier burning in Hell", etc., you get the point, as well as verbally taunting the family and/or friends of the families, sometimes even taunting the funeral home directors or hearse drivers. A biker organization (I forget the name) started showing up at deceased soldier funerals to show respect to the fallen and to provide barrier between stupid Phelps' protestors and the family of the deceased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha