Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 AM

815 posts, read 2,699,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Laguna Woods is a seniors only community/city. You must be 55 or older to live there. If you are 55 or older, it is great because the homes are much less expensive (because only seniors can live there). Laguna Woods is the city, but every home in the city is a part of Laguna Woods Village Senior Community Association. If you want to be surrounded by people that age, it has lots of planned activities and excursions and is a great way to meet people.
The nice areas of Orange County are beautiful and a virtual paradise if you can afford it. The weather is close to perfect year round, the people are friendly although materialism is important to many. Not as bad as "Laguna Beach" or "The OC" but close. Actually, its not even so much materialism per say, its just that their perspective on life and what they value can be so polar opposite of a Seattlelite. Politics in OC are conservative and although parts of the county are diverse, most of the upscale areas are predominately white. The air quality is "so so" to poor in the inland areas but improves remarkably near the coast. Traffic is just bad everywhere but slightly better in the south county cities such as Laguna, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente.
I really loved Seattle when I lived there and just returned from a week long trip. Guess what, it rained for the half the time I was there - suprise suprise. It didn't bother me one bit because the air is so cool, clean, and crisp with absolutely no smog at all. When the sun came out, it was like looking at the world in high definition. Simply breathtaking. The most depressing part of my trip was having to come back to the smog choked heat of Sacramento.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County