Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 PM

250 posts, read 661,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You think Irvine is expensive. Good luck in Hong Kong.
Don't need a 800 k house with a palatial 2000 square foot floor plan and a five thousand square foot yard in Irvine when I am single. Could go to Hong Kong, pay a thousand dollars per square foot, and at 400k get a comfy 400 sq ft apartment with all the bells and whistles, clubhouse, perfect location on top of the MTR station, not to mention at half price and closer to family!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:25 PM

250 posts, read 661,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
Perhaps you. Missed the sign at the airport when you came thru customs.
It reads "welcome to the USA"

Your comments regarding what language. Kids speak here is specious.

All Americans except native American Indians. Immigrated from somewhere. Years ago. My parents were Irish/Italians. Both born on USA. Neither knew any language but English. Because they are american. And Americans speak English

Why is this so hard for you ro accept? Most folks come here to become American. Not to continue in the culture they or their parents came from

Btw. ESL is needed in our schools more to help the Spanish speaking population. Not the Asians.

Perhaps you should return to hk. It is obvious you do not want to be American. Our culture will not change for you. Either you accept it. Or return to where your heritage is so important to you

Many many from other counties are waiting in line for the privilege of being an American

Perhaps you can make room for them

But. Please stop this whining and harping on why the Chinese kids don't speak chinese. It is because they are proud to be an American

Good luck
Hong Kongers and Singaporeans prefer their native countries better.

I also am familiar with American culture and history. I have better English than the vast majority of native born. I just prefer Chinese culture.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:29 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen Wong View Post
Hong Kongers and Singaporeans prefer their native countries better.
Can't blame them. There is comfort in familiarity for most people.

Quote:
I also am familiar with American culture and history. I have better English than the vast majority of native born. I just prefer Chinese culture.
Which is fine, but with all due respect, it really just seems like you've started this thread to gloat about how awesome you think you are relative to the average ABC.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen Wong View Post
Don't need a 800 k house with a palatial 2000 square foot floor plan and a five thousand square foot yard in Irvine when I am single. Could go to Hong Kong, pay a thousand dollars per square foot, and at 400k get a comfy 400 sq ft apartment with all the bells and whistles, clubhouse, perfect location on top of the MTR station, not to mention at half price and closer to family!
So what is stopping you? (I guess I am missing the point of this thread.)

Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,591 times
Why not focus on English speaking skills and assimilating into the mainstream?

Old 07-05-2012, 12:21 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,766,781 times
Unfortunately, this thread has turned very close to personal attacks and is turning towards a negative tone. Closing thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County